• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review [Violence] Harsh criticism is wanted and needed. How did I do on my first YouTube video?

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Prompt Review
Title of thread: [Violence] Harsh criticism is wanted and needed. How did I do on my first YouTube video?
Self review: I made this as my first YouTube video. I have since made different styles of video, as I would call this more of a video-essay. I know there's elements inserted not needed, but as a first effort, I spent a lot of time and attention to detail when creating this. I feel it is good but also know that others may have a better critique or view of it. Right now I believe my editing is too simple, but then again the simplicity could fit and actually help enhance this piece. Either way, the feedback on the flow of the video is the main thing I seek. How well did this flow and how well was the message made clear? Thanks
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/a7YaV8L1__E

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47529/post-150984

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
The flow/cadence of your video is good and I thought the editing was very well done. Afraid I have no idea what's going on here though. The actual purpose of the video and the message you are trying to convey I am just not seeing.

Reactions: Prompt Review

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I would do without the intro. Maybe add text or a voice-over on what the video is about or well be about. The rest of it seems pretty good. Most people who are not minorities such as myself will not get the point of it. Also the showings of the mountain lands I did not get the point of it. The rest of it is pretty good.

Reactions: Prompt Review
OP
OP
Prompt Review

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
The flow/cadence of your video is good and I thought the editing was very well done. Afraid I have no idea what's going on here though. The actual purpose of the video and the message you are trying to convey I am just not seeing.

I have heard that before and even felt that myself. I took a very thorough or deep topic and tried to convey it in video but sadly, afraid I didn't do it well enough. But, I know that now looking back, so thanks for the review!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Prompt Review

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I would do without the intro. Maybe add text or a voice-over on what the video is about or well be about. The rest of it seems pretty good. Most people who are not minorities such as myself will not get the point of it. Also the showings of the mountain lands I did not get the point of it. The rest of it is pretty good.

I felt the same about the intro. It was my first time making edits so I was just trying to use and do something at the time I thought was cool. Didn't realize until after I made the video that certain parts could have been enhanced or altogether removed and done without. But, it's my first video so I'm proud to say I have evolved into a more well-thought minded individual when it comes to my video making process! Thank you for the review!

Reactions: TrVlogs

TrVlogs

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I felt the same about the intro. It was my first time making edits so I was just trying to use and do something at the time I thought was cool. Didn't realize until after I made the video that certain parts could have been enhanced or altogether removed and done without. But, it's my first video so I'm proud to say I have evolved into a more well-thought minded individual when it comes to my video making process! Thank you for the review!
Sorry for the late reply work lool. But yea no problem.