• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Keywords Explorer vs Seo Studio

Louisr

I don't get the idea of having a Keywords explorer and SEO studio in separate searches. All users want to optimize their videos with searched for low competition keywords to rank a video?
What is the point in having 2 separate searches? Does not make sense to me.

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Keyword Explorer helps you find the target keywords you should be aiming for based on search and competition.

SEO Studio helps you implement that keyword efficiently in titles, tags, and descriptions before you add the info to the video in your YouTube Studio.

Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I have not used Keywords Explorer or SEO Studio extensively because I generally know what phrases I am going after regardless of the results. But because of your question, I forced myself to look more closesly.

From what I can tell, Keywords Explorer is a generic research tool to "explore" how certain phrases and words might turn up if you go after it.

Whereas SEO Studio is a tool that helps less experienced people create/build a video title, description, etc. to increase the chances of your video ranking better.

What I've learned is that several features of TB are context-sensitive. It depends where you are at which determines how the feature shows up. So from what I can tell in my experimentation, Keywords Explorer and SEO Studio are two very different tools/features.

Reactions: PicklezCameraGuy

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
The Keyword Explorer is where you research which keywords to use. I use it to build my titles, tags etc.
The SEO Tool lets you know how well you utilized your target keyword - not whether it is a 'good' keyword or not.
I use the Keyword Explorer while planning my vids. I use the SEO Tool after the video is uploaded. It is my final check before publishing. They are kind of 2 sides of the same coin, but would be rather clunky in one tool.

sunshine93

Keyword Explorer helps you find the target keywords you should be aiming for based on search and competition.

SEO Studio helps you implement that keyword efficiently in titles, tags, and descriptions before you add the info to the video in your YouTube Studio.
When I find a keyword with low competition on the keyword planner, and later I optimize it with SEO studio, its score analysis changes and I get higher competition. Why does this happen, isn't the SEO studio tool supposed to help me?

sunshine93

I have not used Keywords Explorer or SEO Studio extensively because I generally know what phrases I am going after regardless of the results. But because of your question, I forced myself to look more closesly.

From what I can tell, Keywords Explorer is a generic research tool to "explore" how certain phrases and words might turn up if you go after it.

Whereas SEO Studio is a tool that helps less experienced people create/build a video title, description, etc. to increase the chances of your video ranking better.

What I've learned is that several features of TB are context-sensitive. It depends where you are at which determines how the feature shows up. So from what I can tell in my experimentation, Keywords Explorer and SEO Studio are two very different tools/features.
When I find a keyword with low competition on the keyword planner, and later I optimize it with SEO studio, its score analysis changes and I get higher competition. Why does this happen, isn't the SEO studio tool supposed to help me?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Although there are other possible options the most likely culprit is that the score is changing from being weighted to unweighted or vice versa.