• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Life You are valid! You are important!

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I just wanted to say to whoever that reads this, that you are valid and important and you matter!
No, matter what people say or try to do.
we need more positivity in the world, and I believe strongly that we can achieve that together by being kind to each other!

Even if you might not have done a lot today, or you might just have got out of bed. Doesn't matter!

Amazing job that you made it out of bed! No matter how small the thing is that you made or had the energy to do! you're doing great and you can do it! <3

I believe in you and you are valid and beautiful just the way you are! <3

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
What a wonderful post! Cheers to you Foxy. ❤
Thank you <3 I just think that we need more positivity in the world and so I thought why not start somewhere <3 :D
And also I know I hard it can be sometimes to even to the smallest thing, so just wanted and hope that this post can a little nudge of positivity <3 :D

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I hate to be the wet blanket of truth here, but, there is such a thing as Toxic Posititivty. Not saying that this is it, but that it is a real thing. One of the immutable laws of the universe is that a prerequisite to learning is that we must first admit we are wrong, or that we do not know. In the absence of one of these two prerequisites, no one can learn anything. A person who is constantly positive and optimistic about everything has a very difficult time facing the reality of their own mistakes and admitting them, thus they cannot learn from them and correct them.

Being positive for a good reason is great. Being positive for positivity's sake is not. It can be toxic and destructive.

Barkey

I hate to be the wet blanket of truth here, but, there is such a thing as Toxic Posititivty. Not saying that this is it, but that it is a real thing. One of the immutable laws of the universe is that a prerequisite to learning is that we must first admit we are wrong, or that we do not know. In the absence of one of these two prerequisites, no one can learn anything. A person who is constantly positive and optimistic about everything has a very difficult time facing the reality of their own mistakes and admitting them, thus they cannot learn from them and correct them.

Being positive for a good reason is great. Being positive for positivity's sake is not. It can be toxic and destructive.
I agree. It's like on social media, where you don't want any "negativity" in your feed and block anyone who disagrees with your latest hot take. Suddenly, you're in a bubble getting only positive reinforcement, even for the stupidest of ideas, because you don't have anyone there keeping it real. Then you go out and get a mullet. On your feed, people say your mullet looks great. But in real life, everyone thinks you look dopey, and then they laugh at you for trying to rock a mullet when you couldn't have pulled off that look even back in the 80's, if you were wearing parachute pants, an acid washed denim jacket, and a Pac-Man t-shirt. And rightfully so. Because while the 80's were awesome, they're over, and people have to live in the here and now. And that means facing the unpleasant realities of life as well as the happy things. So when someone tells you not to get a mullet, maybe they aren't being "negative." Maybe they're giving you some solid life advice.

• Love
Reactions: The Jungle Explorer

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I agree. It's like on social media, where you don't want any "negativity" in your feed and block anyone who disagrees with your latest hot take. Suddenly, you're in a bubble getting only positive reinforcement, even for the stupidest of ideas, because you don't have anyone there keeping it real. Then you go out and get a mullet. On your feed, people say your mullet looks great. But in real life, everyone thinks you look dopey, and then they laugh at you for trying to rock a mullet when you couldn't have pulled off that look even back in the 80's, if you were wearing parachute pants, an acid washed denim jacket, and a Pac-Man t-shirt. And rightfully so. Because while the 80's were awesome, they're over, and people have to live in the here and now. And that means facing the unpleasant realities of life as well as the happy things. So when someone tells you not to get a mullet, maybe they aren't being "negative." Maybe they're giving you some solid life advice.

Let me just start off and acknowledge that I agree there is both Toxic Positivity & Toxic Negativity. Both are not good. So we got the two extremes.

And because this particular thread is an "off-topic discussion", this is where TB has designated for people to discuss "whatever you want" if it doesn't relate to TB and YT. I am generally not here on TB for "off-topic" discussions but others can and do partake. It is very rare for me to respond or partake but I don't begrudge anyone else for doing so.

But because this "off-topic forum" is part of TB, what I will say is I believe there is an unspoken understanding that both TB and YT are going to be around "for a while" and no matter the challenges, deficiencies, imperfections, and complaints we may have, there is an underlying sense of optimism that YT and TB are good things that we are supportive of. The unspoken belief we can solve or overcome most problems or challenges. If we don't have that belief, then we should shut down our YT channels.

One guy announced to everyone he was not going to post anymore to his YT channel despite lots of encouragement to give it more time. What do you say to a guy who wants to stop? It was sort of strange to me he came to the TB Forums to state all the reasons why he should NOT continue. I know he was discouraged and disappointed by his results. But were we supposed to say, "Yeah, your channel does seem to suck. You are doing the right thing to shut it down." Not one person who posted encouraged him to shut down. He was the one made the case for it and everyone kind of fell silent after his insistence that NOT posting anymore was the right thing to do.

If there are "doomsayers" that TB and YT are coming to an end, I generally don't think they are going to be a good fit for these forums. And, in fact, I think it is bad for TB's business, in general. The TB forum is a privately-owned forum so none of us can scream "free speech rights" or they are "censoring me". I am not saying we cannot off constructive criticism or make certain "negative" comments. But as a forum moderator of busy forums in a different life, there are certain elements that are simply not good for a forum.

I believe we have a responsibility to state things correctly on facts vs. opinions. I get really rubbed if people claim things are absolute facts when they are in fact opinions or an individual experience. This one guy with a YT channel whose content is entirely based on other people TikTok videos said incorrectly that just because he was giving credit and that he was not monetizing his videos, it was okay by YT. I really didn't care about his channel but what I did care about is other people reading his post and accepting it as fact.

I promptly shared a recent article as my response where Nintendo shut down a huge YT channel for the very thing he was doing! Posting other people's content in its entirety with full attribution and non-monetization. Nintendo hit him with several hundreds of copyright strikes. What is really dangerous is that if that post was left standing with no response, some people would actually believe it and do this. In a sense, I was "being negative" there but it was such a reckless and misinformed statement on this guy's part.

If hypothetically, the TB forums ever became a forum overrun with topics about sub4sub, buying people's accounts, complaints about TB & YT, using other people's content without abandon, how to get away with unethical things, tricking people into clicking videos, how to spam videos, doom-gloom topics, and all the things you should NOT do, I view that as becoming a "negatively spiraling community. That would be the kiss of death of a healthy vibrant forum.

I think TB is watching and Stanley does a pretty good job moderating so I don't worry that much but I believe it is good for community members to help the greater cause so that everyone benefits. It is good for all of us to help keep the TB Forums interesting and vibrant.

Nothin' But Gadgets

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro

100% true and accrute. Perfectly put. Nothing else needs to be said. Unfortunately we live in a generation that got participation awards in school and expect that they should recieve constant praise and accolades regardless of their performance. These people will not like what you have said here and will have a lot to say about it.

Barkey

100% true and accrute. Perfectly put. Nothing else needs to be said. Unfortunately we live in a generation that got participation awards in school and expect that they should recieve constant praise and accolades regardless of their performance. These people will not like what you have said here and will have a lot to say about it.
These are the people sporting a new mullet in 2022.

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal

Indeed there is toxic positivity. But I did write this because I genuinely want people to be positive and I wanna try to give a little positive boost if possible. I just mean that every person has a right to be and feel valid.
I try to look on the positive side of things as much as I can, but I do not deny the hardships of life and happenings in life. I mess up and make mistakes all the time, but I do try to learn and I do try to apologize and make amends if needed.
Yes, I do agree on that, that if a person doesn't want to admit that they can be wrong and refuse to learn, it's alas a choice they have made.
Also, I do know what it's like to be on the "darker" side and we don't see peoples history and "baggage" that they might have.
And above all, this is a discussion that is important to have just because people mostly focus on the negative stuff and anything can be negative if it's in too much mass.

But thank you so much for this comment it's good to talk and discuss both sides of the coin.

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I agree. It's like on social media, where you don't want any "negativity" in your feed and block anyone who disagrees with your latest hot take. Suddenly, you're in a bubble getting only positive reinforcement, even for the stupidest of ideas, because you don't have anyone there keeping it real. Then you go out and get a mullet. On your feed, people say your mullet looks great. But in real life, everyone thinks you look dopey, and then they laugh at you for trying to rock a mullet when you couldn't have pulled off that look even back in the 80's, if you were wearing parachute pants, an acid-washed denim jacket, and a Pac-Man t-shirt. And rightfully so. Because while the 80's were awesome, they're over, and people have to live in the here and now. And that means facing the unpleasant realities of life as well as the happy things. So when someone tells you not to get a mullet, maybe they aren't being "negative." Maybe they're giving you some solid life advice.

This is a great comment, Thank you!
I do agree with you if one blocks and bans everyone that has an opinion that clashes with ones own, so you only get " The Positive" we would be in a stage of collapse as soon as something bad happened.
Then, of course, there is a difference, between being honest and constructive against being genuinely mean "want to harm" and the internet is a perfect place for people to "hide" behind their screen and be all "though and big" (or that's what they think it feels like)

The only thing I want to do is bring a little boost of positivity to people around me, not in abundance, but, I do want people to feel like they can get through the worst days a little easier with a little boost.
With this said,
I am fully aware that we all see things from different perspectives, and stuff and things that I see as super hard or difficult or even things that may have been on "trauma" level for me, can for another person be a "peace of cake".
So I am fully aware that there are always two sides to the same coin.

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
100% true and accurate. Perfectly put. Nothing else needs to be said. Unfortunately, we live in a generation that got participation awards in school and expect that they should receive constant praise and accolades regardless of their performance. These people will not like what you have said here and will have a lot to say about it.

Yes, we live in a time where we should have more constructive work, and not just praise because. Alas, I see schools do this and Instead of being clear and transparent with what they are praising or giving cred to/for, they leave out the constructive part and the Conversation that is needed to be hade for the student itself to make them develop and learn in a balanced way.
I want to spread positivity, yes, but I do not do this because I can.
I do this because I genuinely want people around me to feel good around me. But I don't leave out the constructive side.
We need both sides "light and Dark" (forgive the chliché.)
because the discussion always ends up on the "negative stuff" but it can be just as bad on the positive side if not balances out.

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Let me just start off and acknowledge that I agree there is both Toxic Positivity & Toxic Negativity. Both are not good. So we got the two extremes.

And because this particular thread is an "off-topic discussion", this is where TB has designated for people to discuss "whatever you want" if it doesn't relate to TB and YT. I am generally not here on TB for "off-topic" discussions but others can and do partake. It is very rare for me to respond or partake but I don't begrudge anyone else for doing so.

But because this "off-topic forum" is part of TB, what I will say is I believe there is an unspoken understanding that both TB and YT are going to be around "for a while" and no matter the challenges, deficiencies, imperfections, and complaints we may have, there is an underlying sense of optimism that YT and TB are good things that we are supportive of. The unspoken belief we can solve or overcome most problems or challenges. If we don't have that belief, then we should shut down our YT channels.

One guy announced to everyone he was not going to post anymore to his YT channel despite lots of encouragement to give it more time. What do you say to a guy who wants to stop? It was sort of strange to me he came to the TB Forums to state all the reasons why he should NOT continue. I know he was discouraged and disappointed by his results. But were we supposed to say, "Yeah, your channel does seem to suck. You are doing the right thing to shut it down." Not one person who posted encouraged him to shut down. He was the one made the case for it and everyone kind of fell silent after his insistence that NOT posting anymore was the right thing to do.

If there are "doomsayers" that TB and YT are coming to an end, I generally don't think they are going to be a good fit for these forums. And, in fact, I think it is bad for TB's business, in general. The TB forum is a privately-owned forum so none of us can scream "free speech rights" or they are "censoring me". I am not saying we cannot off constructive criticism or make certain "negative" comments. But as a forum moderator of busy forums in a different life, there are certain elements that are simply not good for a forum.

I believe we have a responsibility to state things correctly on facts vs. opinions. I get really rubbed if people claim things are absolute facts when they are in fact opinions or an individual experience. This one guy with a YT channel whose content is entirely based on other people TikTok videos said incorrectly that just because he was giving credit and that he was not monetizing his videos, it was okay by YT. I really didn't care about his channel but what I did care about is other people reading his post and accepting it as fact.

I promptly shared a recent article as my response where Nintendo shut down a huge YT channel for the very thing he was doing! Posting other people's content in its entirety with full attribution and non-monetization. Nintendo hit him with several hundreds of copyright strikes. What is really dangerous is that if that post was left standing with no response, some people would actually believe it and do this. In a sense, I was "being negative" there but it was such a reckless and misinformed statement on this guy's part.

If hypothetically, the TB forums ever became a forum overrun with topics about sub4sub, buying people's accounts, complaints about TB & YT, using other people's content without abandon, how to get away with unethical things, tricking people into clicking videos, how to spam videos, doom-gloom topics, and all the things you should NOT do, I view that as becoming a "negatively spiraling community. That would be the kiss of death of a healthy vibrant forum.

I think TB is watching and Stanley does a pretty good job moderating so I don't worry that much but I believe it is good for community members to help the greater cause so that everyone benefits. It is good for all of us to help keep the TB Forums interesting and vibrant.

Toxic Positivity & Toxic Negativity is definitely a thing that need more discussion, and if someone like the person you described has made a choice to stop, a little kindness and encoregment is never wrong.
But also is important to be constructive and allow them to make there choices whout being mean. (I know I'm more or less just repeating what you said) But I do agree.

My intention in this was/is to just give a little boost to people who has a bad day, as in ("It's ok to have a bad day and don't minimize it but be angry and sad and get it out of your system. to get som realise.") Not as in " you must be positive all the time because you have to!" because that's just not healthy. We need both sides, we need to stubb our toes and scrape out knees a bit to learn things.
But if we hide behind to much on either side...well that's not good or healthy.
I want to give positivity to people around me, not because I have to but because want to. Becasue I wan't people to feel safe and I wan't to give them the pace to make mistakes and mess up (and hopfulley also learn and gorw)
with that said I don't leave you the "other side of the coin" there will always be people who's just going to be "*** hats" becasue they can alas. But constructive positivity and criticism is good and sure it can sting a little but constructive critesism is never a bad thing when it comes from the right place.

And also since we can not always read the "tone" in-text it can seem overly positive or negative depending on whos reading it.

thank you again for the great comment ! :)

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I just mean that every person has a right to be and feel valid.

I agree with much of what you have stated, but the quoted sentence is where you lose me. It is a spaghetti bowl of contextual inaccuracies. It is not so much that I disagree with what you are trying to say; it is that I think you are using the wrong words to say it. The word "Valid" is a quantitative word. It is a measure of qualification, not a state of being. I think what you are trying to say is, "Everyone is VALUABLE." Valuable is a qualitative word. It is in fact, a state of being. Everyone IS valuable. Whether they feel valuable or not, they are. The way they feel about themselves is irrelevant to the state of being valuable. They are valuable.

However, not everyone is valid. To state that everyone is valid is to commit a logical fallacy. If one person says, "Fire is hot" and another person says, "Fire is not hot", only one of these people is valid in their statement. They cannot both be valid, because they are saying diametrically opposite things. So, being Valid is a measure that a person must qualify for, they are not valid, just because they exist.

As to whether people have a "right' to feel a certain way. The idea of "rights", has no application in this context. A right is something afforded to you by others, governments, or by God. You do not need a right to FEEL a certain way. People can FEEL however they want to. They do not need a Right to feel that way. Feelings are not tangible assets that can be measured or controlled. You either do or don't or not feel.

So, if what you are trying to say is, "I think everyone needs to understand that they are valuable", I could not agree more with that statement. In fact, human life is, in my opinion, the MOST important thing in the universe to the exclusion of all else. I truly believe that the way most people feel about themselves is directly associated with and inseparably connected to how well they understand the truth about how valuable they are. All feelings of insecurity and inferiority humans feel are controlled by their understanding of their self-worth. As a person who was the director of a life counseling center for over a decade, I have helped hundreds of people realize just how valuable they are and it changed their life.

OP
OP
Foxy_Andariel

Foxy_Andariel

Known Member
TubeBuddy Legend
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
I agree with much of what you have stated, but the quoted sentence is where you lose me. It is a spaghetti bowl of contextual inaccuracies. It is not so much that I disagree with what you are trying to say; it is that I think you are using the wrong words to say it. The word "Valid" is a quantitative word. It is a measure of qualification, not a state of being. I think what you are trying to say is, "Everyone is VALUABLE." Valuable is a qualitative word. It is in fact, a state of being. Everyone IS valuable. Whether they feel valuable or not, they are. The way they feel about themselves is irrelevant to the state of being valuable. They are valuable.

However, not everyone is valid. To state that everyone is valid is to commit a logical fallacy. If one person says, "Fire is hot" and another person says, "Fire is not hot", only one of these people is valid in their statement. They cannot both be valid, because they are saying diametrically opposite things. So, being Valid is a measure that a person must qualify for, they are not valid, just because they exist.

As to whether people have a "right' to feel a certain way. The idea of "rights", has no application in this context. A right is something afforded to you by others, governments, or by God. You do not need a right to FEEL a certain way. People can FEEL however they want to. They do not need a Right to feel that way. Feelings are not tangible assets that can be measured or controlled. You either do or don't or not feel.

So, if what you are trying to say is, "I think everyone needs to understand that they are valuable", I could not agree more with that statement. In fact, human life is, in my opinion, the MOST important thing in the universe to the exclusion of all else. I truly believe that the way most people feel about themselves is directly associated with and inseparably connected to how well they understand the truth about how valuable they are. All feelings of insecurity and inferiority humans feel are controlled by their understanding of their self-worth. As a person who was the director of a life counselling centre for over a decade, I have helped hundreds of people realize just how valuable they are and it changed their life.

well, I do mean as in a person as the right to be who they are, as they are.
Yes, it was probably a bad choice of words on my end, English Is not my first language so I mix them up grammatically in my head, hehe.

What I do mean, is People has the right to feel safe and have the right to be themselves, though I do understand that I can not generalize 100% because there are people who genuinely want to harm others because they think it's ok. Which it's not. And also absolutely right about the "fire" example, one of them is not valid since we know for a fact that fire is hot and emanates warmth.

I was aiming towards something like what you wrote ("So, if what you are trying to say is, "I think everyone needs to understand that they are valuable")

one example is this conversation as well, I take this very positively that you are actually correcting me and explaining, so "I can learn by doing so to say."

In initial thought I hade was to say that a little boost is always good and a little kindness goes a long way, but nothing is good in to large of amount.
Yes, the word "Valid" might have been the wrong word to use. All I wanted was to bring a smile to someone if possible. :)

So a billon thanks for correcting me, it is appreciated <3 :D

JohnBulgaria

Familiar Member
Subscriber Goal
I don't know, man. The last 3 years have been a living hell for me. Working minimum wage, panic attacks, other problems, they keep stacking up. Lost 3 years of one of my best years.... They say if you don't make enough money, you ain't solving enough problems for other people. That's kinda true. So that got me into depression and doubting myself constantly if I have any value or any purpose at all. Worst of all, I come from a rich family and I had a ton of money and now it feels like a severe permanent blow