• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Blog To Support?

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Anyone else watch Nick Nimmin's latest video? (I'd check it out if you haven't) He talked about using a site like Medium or Wordpress to write articles about what you make videos about, as that can slowly draw traffic to your channel. What do you guys think?

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you take the time to learn and execute it properly, you can see some great results. In the same way people use articles to get clicks on affiliate links, you can do it to get eyes on your videos as well. Of course you want it to be similar. People aren't looking to watch a video about learning to ride horses if they're reading an article on building a sturdy treehouse. This is a "know your audience" situation, same as with your YouTube content.

Like he mentioned in the video, and speaking from personal experience, don't expect immediate results. It can takes months or even a year+ before you see any outstanding results. You have to claim your authority within search engines.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I absolutely subscribe to this concept... and have found great success trading guest vlog posts for various websites in my niche for free products. I test their product, feature it in a video and write up an article for their blog and in turn I get to link the video in their blog, win-win. I get free products and evergreen views from a disassociated audience!

Hiking with Shawn

TubeBuddy Legend
Blogging is my #2 external traffic generator.

Now it probably won't work with every niche but if it can work with your niche, you should use it.

If you can, I suggest getting a domain name and hosting service. Get your channel name in a .com form if possible-it will be $20 at most if you newly register it. Get some basic shared hosting for now-about $100 a year for the better shared hosting. If you cannot afford it, go with Wordpress (.com) but if you can afford the domain and hosting, get the free wordpress (.org) software.

The wordpress can be your whole site, it is very advanced for that.

So I write blogs using my WordPress blog software. I do two kinds of high-traffic articles. I do Trail Guides (which you can change to "your niche" guides or tutorials) and I do numerical-based articles (these are Top 10, 13 easy ways to..., etc.).

Numerical articles do best. Focus on page 1 of Google Search. Target a keyword associated with the video you wish to cross-promote. Notice on Google page one, there will be a few (in most cases) numerical-based articles (example: 5 ways to, 10 easy things to, 15 types of, etc.)

Try to create your article to have more numbers than the highest number on page 1. Do 15 ways if 10 ways if the highest. If you want to eye catch, use an odd number "13 ways" something like that. People LOVE options.

I've been blogging for 25-years, it's a lot of fun!