• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Question Channel SEO.

Mrnace

Hey, we can obviously sort out SEO, keywords etc for videos, but what about the channel? Checking the About page and channel name etc? Can that be done with Tubebuddy?

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
The best way to check out your channel is raking is to use the incognito mode on your browser. TubeBuddy can no longer use the incognito function due to YT changing the API for this. I use Firefox for this. No other browser has a better private mode than Firefox. Go into private mode and do a google search for your channel using keywords you have selected. For example. My channels is called " Jungle Explorer" Here is the result of a private google search in FireFox.

1643500347891.png

As you can see, my YT channel is number one on google for that title. I have owned the top spot on Google for many years. You can't get better than that. The problem is, not a lot of people search for the term, Jungle Explorer. In fact, it is not a very sought after term at all. So it is easy toown the top spot because it is not very competitive. However, with a little creative SEO and tweaking on your channel, you can get your channel up there.

One way to help your channel rank is to make sure you use the title of your channel in the discription and tags of every single video. Also saying you name in the video as well. Like me, I says, "Jungle Explorer here" at the beginning of every video. I use mane channel name int he dicription and the tags, multiple times if I can. Also, hashtag your name in the discription and tags, as in; #jungleexplorer. I like to use variations as well. The more consitently you do this throughout your channel, the better it will be for your channels SEO.

Reactions: Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member
That is actually a great idea. When I put my old channel's name, What About Nepal, in the Youtube search bar my picture comes up but only a couple of videos and then it says, '+5 more.' I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. I have a hundred more. I would like to get my new channel started right. So far, it's doing better than the other one already, thanks to TB.

Amanda Summers

Known Member
One way to help your channel rank is to make sure you use the title of your channel in the discription and tags of every single video. Also saying you name in the video as well. Like me, I says, "Jungle Explorer here" at the beginning of every video. I use mane channel name int he dicription and the tags, multiple times if I can. Also, hashtag your name in the discription and tags, as in; #jungleexplorer. I like to use variations as well. The more consitently you do this throughout your channel, the better it will be for your channels SEO.
Do they mind if the final part of the description is canned? I had a long clip I put in the descriptions but then I heard don't use the same script over and over. I still never ranked for any of them. My channel does rank for the name. But so does my new channel.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Almost all profe
Do they mind if the final part of the description is canned? I had a long clip I put in the descriptions but then I heard don't use the same script over and over. I still never ranked for any of them. My channel does rank for the name. But so does my new channel.

All professional YouTubers that I know include a Disclosure/Disclaimer in their descriptions, usually at the end. I do not believe using canned descriptions is bad, as long as the description is related to the video. For example, I have a brand new gaming channel where I do mission walkthroughs for a certain game. I use a canned description for each of those videos. The only thing that changes is the name of the mission, in the title, description , and tags. That channel is growing quite rapidly and I expect it to reach 1000 subs in the next year.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YouTube does not mind if the end of the description is canned