• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review 2022 Channel Review! Successful festive period but now the performance has dropped! Help?

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Randomlifestylevlog
Title of thread: 2022 Channel Review! Successful festive period but now the performance has dropped! Help?
Self review: Hello there! We are Random Lifestyle Vlog - a cosmetics lifestyle and beauty Youtube channel that started in february 2020! We have since seen organic growth and last year got monetised. Between August and December we saw our channel double in size and it was one of best periods to date. However we are now in a post Christmas slump and our performance has dropped massively. We understand the reflect against our busiest period but the main thing we are seeing is a drop in impressions and CTR. Our content hasn't really changed, it was working for us before. We have changed many thumbnails to be more clear and bold and introduced some new content and got of stuff that wasn't performing well based on channel analytics. We want to drive back up these two main statistics so a health level. The more input and opinions the better thank you!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/randomlifestylevlog
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47529/

Prompt Review

TubeBuddy Pro
linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
User name: Randomlifestylevlog
Title of thread: 2022 Channel Review! Successful festive period but now the performance has dropped! Help?
Self review: Hello there! We are Random Lifestyle Vlog - a cosmetics lifestyle and beauty Youtube channel that started in february 2020! We have since seen organic growth and last year got monetised. Between August and December we saw our channel double in size and it was one of best periods to date. However we are now in a post Christmas slump and our performance has dropped massively. We understand the reflect against our busiest period but the main thing we are seeing is a drop in impressions and CTR. Our content hasn't really changed, it was working for us before. We have changed many thumbnails to be more clear and bold and introduced some new content and got of stuff that wasn't performing well based on channel analytics. We want to drive back up these two main statistics so a health level. The more input and opinions the better thank you!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/randomlifestylevlog
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/47529/

For your channel, I have a few suggestions on a number of things. The easiest and most effortless to fix, your About Page, has your social media links listed in the description, but those links are not clickable when placed in the description portion of the About Page. To make them clickable, you must add them as links (like you did your Linktree and Buymeacoffee website). I would recommend removing the Facebook and Instagram social links from your description because people can't click on them so they really serve little function or full-defined purpose (other than awareness) and actually place those as more links next to your Linktree and Buymeacoffee links. That will automatically enabled viewers of your page to easily drive to Facebook and Instagram for more traffic. Just a little suggestion. (In addition to Facebook & Instagram - all other links may be moved to the same space). Spreadshirt, Buymeacoffee, etc.) Once in the proper space, I would remove the dead links that won't click from your About Page.

Next, you've done good on your SEO (I see you have multiple videos and multiple keywords that are ranked) - but the name of your channel is Random Lifestyle Vlog, but your channel seems to only actually focus on makeup or beauty related product reviews. Vlogging is walking around showcasing your life through the lens of a camera from every day-to-day. You however haven't really seemed on any video to really do that. So I believe that having your channel named "vlog" is actually hurting people finding your videos, because when people search "vlog" and see your "beauty product review" channel, it can and is probably moreso misnamed and/or misleading. Vlogging is showing people where you go when doing daily things, like buying a coffee, going to a store, etc. etc., but you sit in front of the camera on your couch and review products, so I would suggest that maybe you need to consider a channel rename such as "Lifestyle Beauty Review" or actually start filiming content in the subject matter area of filming vlogs. You don't really shoot vlogs, so for my second suggestion, I would consider and review how you want to move forward with changing and/or fixing/addressing this.

Your channel keywords include things like travel vlogs but from my view of most of your videos, you don't really do that. Anyway, there's my two cents. Thanks for the post however and good luck!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I don't see anything outstanding that would be causing a decline in views and I imagine that it is simply the seasonal traffic. Every channel is different but in general YouTube views decline this time of year and will begin to climb until about mid-summer.

You are doing an excellent job with your keyword research/SEO and MAN I am envious of the 500 video mark! Kudos for the consistency!

You are currently averaging about 10,000 views per month... that is exceptional for a channel at the 1,000 subscriber level. SO keep doing what you are doing; it's working. But I will say that if this were me I would view this is a deficiency in subscribers compared to channel performance. Long story short I would suggest putting some time/effort into improving your call to action for subscribers. Study up on it and try to implement something that is new, fresh and fun without sounding like every other creator in the world.

Reactions: MattCommand1

Barkey

Same thing happened to me. My Christmas vids got a goodly spike in traffic (well, good for my channel, anyway), but then came the Post-Christmas drop back to the usual levels. Interestingly, the same thing happens in movies this time of year. People are just doing other things. That's why a lot of junk and random stuff shows up at the theater in January and February.

OP
OP
Randomlifestylevlog

Randomlifestylevlog

Extremely Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.linktr.ee
Subscriber Goal
Thanks guys! I will look at the links as that is interesting. I try to avoid having the standard social links in our header as I want to keep traffic on the site! But I will defo look at the other places. In terms of the Vlog we are aware of this and we started with our two Christmas vlogs of our trips in Poland and Berlin. This is new content that is slowly being introduced this year :) I agree with the call to action. I was speaking to paulina about this and thinking of pushing a bit more again in our videos! Thank you for the kind words though i spend hours studying youtube, currently reading the derrel eves book so learning a lot!