• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube News YouTube CEO Says YT looking into Crypto, NFTs, Web3 in 2022!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
YouTube CEO, Susan Wojcicki released a letter regarding YT's 2022 priorities. It is a good read and very optimistic about the YT ecosystem. Yay, for all of us.

What I found eye-opening is their interest in opening up crypto, NFTs, and other Web3 options for its creators. Although I am on the fence about cryptos and NFTs, I am all for giving creators options. I was never that interested in crypto or NFTs and never understood much about Web3, but suddenly my ears are perked up. 2022 could be an exciting opportunity for many creators. I know I am.

WeΓÇÖre also looking further ahead to the future and have been following everything happening in Web3 as a source of inspiration to continue innovating on YouTube. The past year in the world of crypto, nonfungible tokens (NFTs), and even decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs) has highlighted a previously unimaginable opportunity to grow the connection between creators and their fans. WeΓÇÖre always focused on expanding the YouTube ecosystem to help creators capitalize on emerging technologies, including things like NFTs, while continuing to strengthen and enhance the experiences creators and fans have on YouTube.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
I'm curious as to what they're going to be doing with this, I doubt that I'll be using it for a while, but you never know.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Im so behind on this NFT thing... can't deny the ceiling on these things.

• Love
Reactions: Damon

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
What I might do also is sell NFTs for either one-on-one coaching or as true serial number for my handline reels. Tons and tons to experiment with. Susan was right in saying it's like going back to the beginning.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I am invested in crypto and have some mining rigs going, but I see some serious threats to the whole concept in the long term. My opinion is that it is currently is serious danger of completely going away due to the Ukraine invasion. Russia is using crypto to circumvent international sanctions. This is waking the global governments to the dangers that I have always seen in decentralized finance. Governments can never tolerate a monetary exchange system they cannot monitor and control, and that is exactly what the allure of crypto is.

A lot of people do not realize that a government can seize all financial assets anytime it wants to and make the owning of them illegal. The US government once made the owning of Gold illegal in the US, for the very reason that they could not monitor and control it. If owned Gold, you had to take it to the bank and exchange it for paper US dollars. I lived in Brazil during the time of the Cruzado. One day the government froze and seized all bank accounts in the entire country in an effort to stop hyperinflation. There are countless such example throughout history.

Bottom line is. Any monetary system that the government cannot control that presents a threat to their power, they WILL ban it or find a way to control it. It is just that simple.

If Putin is abusing crypto to get around sanctions, crypto may have a very short future life span.