• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Tips Please stop abusing the TB Forum

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I am not a moderator and Stanley is on vacation so I make this post in the interest of restoring the effectiveness of "What's New" area. The last couple days, it has been rendered useless by an unnamed account. This unnamed account (right now) has, so far, made over 50+ posts responding by "thanks", "good", "great idea" repeatedly. This person is drowning out the "What's New" area with low-value posts. I am unsure what he is trying to accomplish. It seems to me he is trying to rack up a bunch of posts in a short amount of time except very little value is being offered by giving "one or two-word" responses. If he is trying to show gratitude, my suggestion is that if you like someone's posts, just click the "Like" or "Love" Button which is what everyone else is doing EXCEPT for this one account.

This person should PLEASE stop jamming up the "What's New" section. It is hurting everyone's ability to refer to the latest posts that have more substance. Thank you.

Reactions: Damon

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Moderation here always seemed like a time zone issue to me. When I am online, most of the US is asleep. I see tons of spam, and report the obvious spam links. Later, when the US wakes up, most of the spam is removed.
The one word replies are kind of a different category...

OP
OP
M

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
The one word replies are kind of a different category...

I agree that it isn't spam per se. But I also know that the TB Forums grant "awards" based on post counts which include free TB subscription upgrade. So, if someone is trying to get a TB subscription upgrade by spiking the forums with "low-fi" posts, I see it as an abuse of the privilege TB gives us to post here. It is possible that this person is trying to be complimentary in which case you should hit the LIKE button to every post you LIKE. I hit the LIKE / LOVE buttons a lot to show compliments of different contributors but have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion thread.

I am suspicious that this user account has zero history of posting anything except 1 or 2-word answers REPEATEDLY over 50 freaking times in a row. It was ridiculous to see and I got annoyed with clicking on MANY posts with nothing new there except "Good! Thanks! Great Idea!". Actually, some of the "compliments" are entirely inapplicable or misplaced.

I go to "What's New" and it is crowded out with "low-fi" posts by one user account. If this account stops doing it, then great, we can move on. But if this account strafes the forum with 1-2 word responses again then we have a problem.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
I agree that it isn't spam per se. But I also know that the TB Forums grant "awards" based on post counts which include free TB subscription upgrade. So, if someone is trying to get a TB subscription upgrade by spiking the forums with "low-fi" posts, I see it as an abuse of the privilege TB gives us to post here. It is possible that this person is trying to be complimentary in which case you should hit the LIKE button to every post you LIKE. I hit the LIKE / LOVE buttons a lot to show compliments of different contributors but have nothing meaningful to add to the discussion thread.

I am suspicious that this user account has zero history of posting anything except 1 or 2-word answers REPEATEDLY over 50 freaking times in a row. It was ridiculous to see and I got annoyed with clicking on MANY posts with nothing new there except "Good! Thanks! Great Idea!". Actually, some of the "compliments" are entirely inapplicable or misplaced.

I go to "What's New" and it is crowded out with "low-fi" posts by one user account. If this account stops doing it, then great, we can move on. But if this account strafes the forum with 1-2 word responses again then we have a problem.

I saw them. I immediately said, "Here is someone trying to meet a posting goal to get rewards". I just ignored them after that.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That's what I was thinking, some kid trying to get a reward or something. Totally misses the point of the rewards. Again this is the same way they approach their YouTube channel. They just want the quick fix.

Like you say, they could be showing genuine gratitude, but given the emojicons, one can easily express those same thoughts. This is yet another one of the frustrating things with this forum here of late.