• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Is this thumbnail interesting?

Daily Dose of Fun

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I was always wondering, if the thumbnail borders made it better or worse? Would you click on this video based on this image?
Or what would you think if there was no border around it? I think it makes it pop a little bit more, but I would like to hear your opinion!
Video in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNyFYnxDAI4

Attachments

• skydivgn2.jpg
    skydivgn2.jpg
    559.4 KB · Views: 170

Theory Guitar

Guitarist and YouTube Enthusiast
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I was always wondering, if the thumbnail borders made it better or worse? Would you click on this video based on this image?
Or what would you think if there was no border around it? I think it makes it pop a little bit more, but I would like to hear your opinion!
Video in question:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNyFYnxDAI4
Personally I would click on this video and I like the border! I am no expert but looks like a cool video. :)

• Love
Reactions: Daily Dose of Fun

ryeb0i

Subscriber Goal
The borders are definitely okay. I'd click the thumbnail if it ever was shown to me, because these are the type of videos I want to see as it's different from what I'm normally shown.

And also, i want to know what happens after they jump.

• Love

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal

I think the bright border does make it pop out more. I have seen darker borders used in other channels and it doesn't do much for me except that it does help with branding. But the bright border does seem to give it a kick! Good on you for bringing this topic up! I think I am going to try a couple of very bright borders myself!

• Love

Barkey

I use a border, too. I use a different color depending on the topic I do for that video, but I pretty much use on blue for most things. Looks like Captain Kirk's old viewscreen! It's subtle, but it's there, and ties everything together.

• Love

Slayeryn

Regarding the question about which Tubebuddy feature is most exciting, I'm all in for the tag explorer revamp. Being able to dive deep into keyword research without switching tabs is a game-changer for my workflow. Plus, it's gonna help me boost those SEO rankings without the usual headache.