• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Networks My Notes from the 'Expand Your Reach' Conference

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I recently had the privilege of attending the Expand Your Reach conference... after Vidsummit I had a lot of people asking me about the value of these conferences and what there is to gain, what do you learn... things like that. It is really hard to put a value on the conferences, mainly because the real value is the networking, the interactions and the things you see/hear/learn behind the scenes. But the information as provided by the speakers is pretty key as well, and it never hurts to brush up on information that you have maybe heard a dozen times already.

As such I took some notes... nothing too extensive but I wanted to capture the key points from the speakers as a reminder of what needs to be focused on and I figured I would share that with you here. Sorry it's so spastic; I have weird note-taking habits.

1642366558390.png

Last edited:

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Very interesting note taking tactics. As someone with a poor attention span, the sporadic text pleases me :laughing: Thanks for sharing your notes! I hope some people can take some of them and apply them to their own work. I know I'll do my best to!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Exactly right... my attention span doesn't go very far. I was one of those kids who doodled a lot in school lol.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I finally got around to blowing up the images to really read and study @Stanley OrchardBuddy notes. There are some really profound nuggets in this. Some are entire discussion topics of their own.

Below is my transcription of his notes. Hopefully, I got most of it right. Some I could not read clearly. Stanley can correct me or expand further. I will fill in the blanks.

Starting from the left image, where I transcribe in the general order of left to right, top to bottom.

PAGE 1, Left Image (Top Half page)

* Sponsors prefer 20%-40% of views from subscribers
* Adaptation: Who are you in the mind of your viewers?
* What are the images and stories you are going to tell to get your authentic stories shared?
* Stay safe and retreat with space from the _______
* Don't overbrand on topics that are not part of you
* Don't work with sponsors/agencies who don't share data
* Reveal Don't Schill
* Stop the scroll with something that stops people in their tracks, 1-3 Seconds mark
* Interrupt the scroll
* Be loud, be wrong, apologize loud

PAGE 1, Left Image (Bottom Half page)

* Free units don't necessitate sponsors
* 16 seconds is optimal shorts
* Leave up your old videos unless they harm you
* We cannot become what we want by remaining we are
* Conversion-based ad integrations go at the end of the video like a gift shop in a museum.
* Have a 90-day plan
* HAVE PRINCIPLES and Don't Deviate
* Price to Performance ratio
* What is my Goal?
* When do I plan of on _____ there?
* What do I need to do weekly/monthly to get there?
* Don't push merch, make solid products
* Don't Be Lazy
* Results vs. Time GRAPH: What you think should happen, What really happens, Valley of disappointment _______

PAGE 2, Right image

* Surrender your fears of people not watching your videos!
* Take a Break
* Be prepared to NOT quit
* Create soundwaves
* Less than half of all brands are seen as trustworthy
* Focus on servicing, not selling
* Lean into the camera
* Think of the next work you are going to say with your mouth closed
* FOCUS on the human experience
* Ignore the vanity metrics
* Add a zero
* Building Blocks: voice, pitch, pace, tone, melody, volume
* 1% rule, Change & improve by 1% with every video
* Practice active gratitude
* Content, Connection, Community

Any more notes from Stanley? Bring it on!

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Wow... @MattCommand1 I think you put more work into transcribing that than I did writing it! Kudos to you!

There is a method to the madness. By forcing myself to transcribe your notes, I was forced to think and internalize the points you wrote. There were points you wrote that resonated with me. So, it was well worth the time and effort.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
There is a method to the madness. By forcing myself to transcribe your notes, I was forced to think and internalize the points you wrote. There were points you wrote that resonated with me. So, it was well worth the time and effort.
Exactly the same reason I wrote them the way I did... it forced me to internalize them more than just writing them down.

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1