• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Question about strategy - YT Shorts

marrrko

Hey guys, so I just started with my YT channel and my idea (while I'm practicing recording and video editing) is to start with YT shorts only. To publish at least 1-3 per day in the first 1-2 weeks.
After I get myself well trained about everything to start recording normal video length 5-10 minutes and to wait to get my channel to monetize.

What do you think about that?

Thanks a lot.

Reactions: Kelcesuniquehair

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
In the beginning, what is important is to start creating videos no matter what format you prefer. If it is Shorts then so be it. But I think most people will tell you that content for Shorts are not the same as longer-form video. But everyone has to start somewhere. If Shorts is what you like, I say go dive right in!

Reactions: marrrko
OP
OP
marrrko

marrrko

In the beginning, what is important is to start creating videos no matter what format you prefer. If it is Shorts then so be it. But I think most people will tell you that content for Shorts are not the same as longer-form video. But everyone has to start somewhere. If Shorts is what you like, I say go dive right in!

Thanks a lot. I was thinking the same.

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think your strategy to start bringing in people is solid. Make sure the Shorts you post are similar to the content you'll be making so you don't attract people who have no interest when you start posting regular videos. When you start the 5-10 minute videos, don't stop making Shorts. They're still great for exposure and a lot easier to make. Try posting at least 1 daily if possible to pair with your regular content when that starts.

Remember to try and target keywords you can rank for in your tags, titles, and descriptions. Good luck!

OP
OP
marrrko

marrrko

I think your strategy to start bringing in people is solid. Make sure the Shorts you post are similar to the content you'll be making so you don't attract people who have no interest when you start posting regular videos. When you start the 5-10 minute videos, don't stop making Shorts. They're still great for exposure and a lot easier to make. Try posting at least 1 daily if possible to pair with your regular content when that starts.

Remember to try and target keywords you can rank for in your tags, titles, and descriptions. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for such great advice!
Will follow.

Reactions: ScarTV

Kelcesuniquehair

Hey guys, so I just started with my YT channel and my idea (while I'm practicing recording and video editing) is to start with YT shorts only. To publish at least 1-3 per day in the first 1-2 weeks.
After I get myself well trained about everything to start recording normal video length 5-10 minutes and to wait to get my channel to monetize.

What do you think about that?

Thanks a lot.
That sounds Awesome. way to goo

Reactions: marrrko