• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy CHANGED MY CHANNEL STRATEGY: SACRIFICED SUBSCRIBERS?

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

Hello dear Tubebuddy Community.

Just wanted to share a change of strategy that I made and that might have sacrificed subscribers. i think is a step backwards so that I can have 100 steps forward. My channel started as a mixed content channel, superstars, ghosts, travel and everything in between. I heard some opinions here that made me think better and decided to niche my channel in one segment. Done that few days ago. For now, i have stoped having subscribers and the views have dropped a lot. Sure, the channel now has only 3 uploads because everything else has been removed. But even with this initial results, I will continue this path and bet on the videos quality. Kim Kardashian video, the last one, is much better in quality than Ronaldo and Taylor Swift videos. For now, this is my main concern, quality, nt the subscribers or views, I think if quality keeps getting better, the rest will come.
Please give me your views and comments on this subject.
Thank you.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Just wanted to share a change of strategy that I made and that might have sacrificed subscribers. i think is a step backwards so that I can have 100 steps forward. My channel started as a mixed content channel, superstars, ghosts, travel and everything in between. I heard some opinions here that made me think better and decided to niche my channel in one segment. Done that few days ago. For now, i have stoped having subscribers and the views have dropped a lot. Sure, the channel now has only 3 uploads because everything else has been removed. But even with this initial results, I will continue this path and bet on the videos quality. Kim Kardashian video, the last one, is much better in quality than Ronaldo and Taylor Swift videos. For now, this is my main concern, quality, nt the subscribers or views, I think if quality keeps getting better, the rest will come.
Thank you.

Since we didn't have a chance to see the content prior, it is hard to tell if all the content needed to be deleted/hidden. Hopefully, you only hid them instead of deleted them "just in case".

Your channel name is "Entertainment" so that can encompass lots of types of videos. It could be that you did the right thing or perhaps you deleted too many. Hard to say. You will lose some of the earned viewing hours you accumulated, not just the subscribers. It could be a lot or a little. I am not sure. It is certainly a personal choice to wipe away and start over. I certainly did and have no regrets about it.

OP
OP
ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

Since we didn't have a chance to see the content prior, it is hard to tell if all the content needed to be deleted/hidden. Hopefully, you only hid them instead of deleted them "just in case".

Your channel name is "Entertainment" so that can encompass lots of types of videos. It could be that you did the right thing or perhaps you deleted too many. Hard to say. You will lose some of the earned viewing hours you accumulated, not just the subscribers. It could be a lot or a little. I am not sure. It is certainly a personal choice to wipe away and start over. I certainly did and have no regrets about it.
Yes it's Entertainment but I niche the channel for the Superstars and the Star System. Music, Sports, cinema, etc, but Superstars. The other videos I displaced them to other niche channels. The hours are still there. But yes, this is almost like starting from scratch, but considering my channel just started about a month ago, this is the time to do this changes.

Reactions: Apps

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal

Thank you.
This definitely seems like a good idea. This is what I'm trying to do right now, as I'm also niching down a bit. I wouldn't have deleted videos though. I would have just moved on from them, and left them be, as they're part of your history, and they'll still bring in views for your channel, and those people might be interested in what you do now, but they might not care, and thats fine too. I have plenty of old videos on topics I don't do anymore, but some of them still bring in views, and some of those viewers might go on to be subscribers, so who knows, I say its worth leaving them around, so long as your channel is clearly one thing now.

Endless Inspiration

endless-inspiration.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal

Thank you.

Great Idea, you're amazing @ENTERTAIN 2MUCH, I believe in you

• Love
Reactions: ENTERTAIN 2MUCH