• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Please give genuine feedback! I'm a newbie, but very passionate about my content.

JayW

Hey Taja! Man your channel looks sweet! Super clean and professional looking. Thumbnails look good... I'm a YT newbie, but everything looks very sharp to me.

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hi Taja! Looking at your channel, I think it looks very professional and good quality. All of your thumbnails look uniform, you have found your niche. With that being said, you haven't been on YouTube for very long. It shows September is when you started your channel. You have almost 80 subscribers, which is amazing for barely 5 months on YouTube. My recommendation is just keep going. Keep posting videos, maybe increasing the frequency of how often you post. This will show viewers that you are making videos constantly and are a benefit to them. You can always decrease the number of videos once popularity picks up more. Hope this helps!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Really clean channel art; I like that banner. It's elegant, it's informative and simple. Also kudos on posting 6 videos in the previous month; that's above average and if you are able to maintain that posting schedule it will benefit you well. 74 subscribers in 16 videos is also an accomplishment... growth is exponential and you are off to a great start. I will advise that you bury your head in the sand for the first 100 videos; you are not going to get the data feedback and analytics that you need to make educated assessments of your audience or your videos until about the 100 video mark.
1641733635043.png

Your CTR is going to be the most telling bit of information regarding your thumbnails... so if you are getting 10% or better CTR then ignore everything I am about to say. You know your audience better than I and I can definitely be wrong about something that is based so heavily on personal preference.

But I am not a fan of your thumbnails. Your banner reflects that you channel is about being a 'Master of Class' and itself is a very elegant banner. But there is no elegance represented in your thumbnails. The images are on the whole kind of dull in their color scheme with only splashes of color. The font and text size... it might be ok but it appears to me to be difficult to read when scrolling and I am not sure it will stop the scroll. It might... maybe my eyes are just old (entirely possible). I do like the font setup in your '4 Great Ways to Boost Self-Confidence...' video. That works way better... but that is also a matter of personal preference.

Your video presentation is spot on, I'm not going to go into that. You know what you are doing. But I will advise that your SEO Strategy is almost non-existent and your Best-Practices are as well. These are some glaring deficiencies in your channel. I suggest taking some time to learn SEO strategy (we offer many tutorials on our TubeBuddy YouTube channel). It will benefit you greatly to optimize your videos for the Search Engines, and following your Best Practices will as well. Having things like a pinned comment with a link to a different video, Endscreens, Cards and Chapters are all part of the 'View Machine.' That is to say that when combined over the course of an entire library of videos they can create a substantial amount of additional views for your channel; they will increase overall watch time and they actually cause YouTube to cater more of your content to the viewers who take advantage of these cursory views.

OP
OP
Taja Barnes

Taja Barnes

Hi Taja! Looking at your channel, I think it looks very professional and good quality. All of your thumbnails look uniform, you have found your niche. With that being said, you haven't been on YouTube for very long. It shows September is when you started your channel. You have almost 80 subscribers, which is amazing for barely 5 months on YouTube. My recommendation is just keep going. Keep posting videos, maybe increasing the frequency of how often you post. This will show viewers that you are making videos constantly and are a benefit to them. You can always decrease the number of videos once popularity picks up more. Hope this helps!
I appreciate your genuine feedback! Thank you!

OP
OP
Taja Barnes

Taja Barnes

Really clean channel art; I like that banner. It's elegant, it's informative and simple. Also kudos on posting 6 videos in the previous month; that's above average and if you are able to maintain that posting schedule it will benefit you well. 74 subscribers in 16 videos is also an accomplishment... growth is exponential and you are off to a great start. I will advise that you bury your head in the sand for the first 100 videos; you are not going to get the data feedback and analytics that you need to make educated assessments of your audience or your videos until about the 100 video mark.
View attachment 11531
Your CTR is going to be the most telling bit of information regarding your thumbnails... so if you are getting 10% or better CTR then ignore everything I am about to say. You know your audience better than I and I can definitely be wrong about something that is based so heavily on personal preference.

But I am not a fan of your thumbnails. Your banner reflects that you channel is about being a 'Master of Class' and itself is a very elegant banner. But there is no elegance represented in your thumbnails. The images are on the whole kind of dull in their color scheme with only splashes of color. The font and text size... it might be ok but it appears to me to be difficult to read when scrolling and I am not sure it will stop the scroll. It might... maybe my eyes are just old (entirely possible). I do like the font setup in your '4 Great Ways to Boost Self-Confidence...' video. That works way better... but that is also a matter of personal preference.

Your video presentation is spot on, I'm not going to go into that. You know what you are doing. But I will advise that your SEO Strategy is almost non-existent and your Best-Practices are as well. These are some glaring deficiencies in your channel. I suggest taking some time to learn SEO strategy (we offer many tutorials on our TubeBuddy YouTube channel). It will benefit you greatly to optimize your videos for the Search Engines, and following your Best Practices will as well. Having things like a pinned comment with a link to a different video, Endscreens, Cards and Chapters are all part of the 'View Machine.' That is to say that when combined over the course of an entire library of videos they can create a substantial amount of additional views for your channel; they will increase overall watch time and they actually cause YouTube to cater more of your content to the viewers who take advantage of these cursory views.
Thank you so much for the in-depth critique! Funny enough, my thumbnails are my least favorite part about my channel and I agree wholeheartedly that they don't fit the classy aesthetic. Working on making changes in that area for sure. My CTR is above 10% however I need to learn more about optimizing my channel. I will learn more about SEO as I don't know much yet. Thank you again!

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you so much for the in-depth critique! Funny enough, my thumbnails are my least favorite part about my channel and I agree wholeheartedly that they don't fit the classy aesthetic. Working on making changes in that area for sure. My CTR is above 10% however I need to learn more about optimizing my channel. I will learn more about SEO as I don't know much yet. Thank you again!
I wouldn't trust that CTR just yet... as you can see the CTR alone has not caused any of these videos to go off. Until you start pulling 1,000+ impressions CTR data can be very misleading. Don't let a 40% CTR with 8 impressions fool you into thinking that you have a good thumbnail; this likely means you have a solid subscriber base (and kudos to you!) but the video itself may not be performing well outside of your already established audience.

• Love
Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Taja Barnes

Taja Barnes

I wouldn't trust that CTR just yet... as you can see the CTR alone has not caused any of these videos to go off. Until you start pulling 1,000+ impressions CTR data can be very misleading. Don't let a 40% CTR with 8 impressions fool you into thinking that you have a good thumbnail; this likely means you have a solid subscriber base (and kudos to you!) but the video itself may not be performing well outside of your already established audience.
Such quality in-depth input. Thanks so much!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Endless Inspiration

endless-inspiration.wixsite.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: Taja Barnes
Title of thread: Please give genuine feedback! I'm a newbie, but very passionate about my content.
Self review: I want all feedback on the overall aesthetic of my channel. Thumbnail critique, content, length, etc?!
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWKenSo9oVkA_ZjjW0p7BQg
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46718/
I THINK YOU ARE KILLING IT KEEP GOING!!!

John316

Recognized Member
I say create your thumbnails to be best optimized for cell phones! That means LESS text and the artwork/pictures tells the story of what's in the video and let the title do the talking as far as the text!