• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Lifestyle Channel Looking for a shoutout for shoutout collab with similar content

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: Yours Truly
Title: Looking for a shoutout for shoutout collab with similar content
Type of collaboration: I am looking for someone who has similar type of content to mine (lifestyle, dance, etc). I am new to doing collabs so I would consider any type.
Amount of Subscribers: 24
Ways to contact you: Reply to this thread.
Why should they collaborate with you: I'm energetic and fun, and I enjoy trying new things! I love to dance and share creative content about dance and my overall life as a young adult. I feel I'm unique because I like to do a variety of things, and I think I'm entertaining, lol :) I hope to make some YouTube friendships through this collaboration.
Link to Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvKCQemyOWwKOl2vzRme_aQ

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I would suggest taking a moment to consider more impactful things that can be done with a collaboration. A 'shoutout for shoutout' isn't really meaningful... it serves no purpose to the viewer (on it's own merit) and therefore doesn't really stand to benefit anybody at all.

Instead I would encourage you to maybe take the products from one of your unboxings and send it to someone else, then the two of you discuss the products together and each post a your own version of this video on your respective channels. Include links, cards and End screens to each other's content etc... this will go MUCH farther in helping you to gain a more sincere introduction to each other's audiences and it comes across as less self-serving.

Reactions: MattCommand1
OP
OP
Yours Truly

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would suggest taking a moment to consider more impactful things that can be done with a collaboration. A 'shoutout for shoutout' isn't really meaningful... it serves no purpose to the viewer (on it's own merit) and therefore doesn't really stand to benefit anybody at all.

Instead I would encourage you to maybe take the products from one of your unboxings and send it to someone else, then the two of you discuss the products together and each post a your own version of this video on your respective channels. Include links, cards and End screens to each other's content etc... this will go MUCH farther in helping you to gain a more sincere introduction to each other's audiences and it comes across as less self-serving.
Thank you!! I've never done a collab before so am in new territory. I appreciate the input!