• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion MULTI NICHE CHANNEL WORKS?

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

Hello TubeBuddy forum. I am new here and I have started a new channel on 17th december 2021. My question is that everything i've heard tells me that it is very important to have a niche, but my channel is a multi niche channel. Of course it has a main subject that is entertainment, but my goal is that everyone that goes to my channel finds something that suits them. I go from Star Bios to Ghosts, funny animals, meditation videos or even product reviews. I would like to have your opinion.
Thank you very much.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hello TubeBuddy forum. I am new here and I have started a new channel on 17th december 2021. My question is that everything i've heard tells me that it is very important to have a niche, but my channel is a multi niche channel. Of course it has a main subject that is entertainment, but my goal is that everyone that goes to my channel finds something that suits them. I go from Star Bios to Ghosts, funny animals, meditation videos or even product reviews. I would like to have your opinion.
Thank you very much.
You have a goal and an audience, so thats a good start. I would see what does well on your channel, what are you viewers watching? If all of your content is entertainment style, that might work, and you would just have a broader niche. However, I don't thinking mixing product reviews into that will do well, as thats a different style of video. If it does well, then do more of that, but I'm not sure that fits into what you're going for.

Overall, you seem like you're off to a great start though! Best of luck!

Reactions: ENTERTAIN 2MUCH
OP
OP
ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

You have a goal and an audience, so thats a good start. I would see what does well on your channel, what are you viewers watching? If all of your content is entertainment style, that might work, and you would just have a broader niche. However, I don't thinking mixing product reviews into that will do well, as thats a different style of video. If it does well, then do more of that, but I'm not sure that fits into what you're going for.

Overall, you seem like you're off to a great start though! Best of luck!
Thank you for your opinion. That is very important and I think that your input about the products review makes all the sense to me. That is why is so important for people to talk about things and change ideas. Thank you.

ScarTV

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think it's harder to grow when you focus too broadly. The purpose of a niche is for you to focus on one topic that others find appealing, so they continue to follow you for that content. They expect that type of content from you. You don't go to a fast food burger restaurant to get steak and lobster. That same example applies here. If you upload 4 videos about ghost sightings and post 4 videos about meditation, you might lose the X amount of people who subscribed for ghost sighting videos.

With that said, you also shouldn't make your focus too narrow. For example, ghost sightings are considered paranormal activity. So rather than having 50 ghost sighting videos, focus on paranormal activity as a niche.

Find something in particular you enjoy, and make that your primary focus. I feel that will work better than focusing on several areas.

OP
OP
ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

I think it's harder to grow when you focus too broadly. The purpose of a niche is for you to focus on one topic that others find appealing, so they continue to follow you for that content. They expect that type of content from you. You don't go to a fast food burger restaurant to get steak and lobster. That same example applies here. If you upload 4 videos about ghost sightings and post 4 videos about meditation, you might lose the X amount of people who subscribed for ghost sighting videos.

With that said, you also shouldn't make your focus too narrow. For example, ghost sightings are considered paranormal activity. So rather than having 50 ghost sighting videos, focus on paranormal activity as a niche.

Find something in particular you enjoy, and make that your primary focus. I feel that will work better than focusing on several areas.
Good point. I am starting to think that focus on a niche will probably be better. Regarding ghosts sightings, that playlist is called Paranormal and the point is the one you spoke about, not to be so narrow. The first 2 videos I placed there are ghost sightings but the purpose is to upload videos from all paranormal type of activity.

Reactions: ScarTV

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
If you are enjoying what you do then go all in... that is the single most important part of all of this (unless of course you are doing YouTube as a business). If you aren't enjoying what you create then the content will suffer as will your own mental health... and that's just not what any of this should be about.

If you are trying to grow you are going to have a more difficult time doing so with a variety channel. There are several reasons why.

For starters you are confusing YouTube. They already have a hard enough time trying to find the right audience to put your videos in front of... now you are switching things up and making it more difficult for them to find this audience. Also, new viewers are going to be confused. They'll watch a paranormal video and maybe they subscribe because they enjoyed it... only to see that your next video is a meditation video. Not the thing they signed up for. If they don't unsubscribe they will definitely not watch your meditation video. YouTube is going to see this and think your meditation video is a dud, and therefore they won't share it out as much.

Mind you; this is if you are making specific type videos of each. If your niche is you... if you are going all in on being a comedian and as a comedian you are tackling different subject that is a little different. Joe Rogan can talk about his time on television, marijuana, aliens or Elon Musk and that doesn't mean he is a variety channel. He is a personality who talks about different subjects, and that is far different than focusing on different niches.

OP
OP
ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

If you are enjoying what you do then go all in... that is the single most important part of all of this (unless of course you are doing YouTube as a business). If you aren't enjoying what you create then the content will suffer as will your own mental health... and that's just not what any of this should be about.

If you are trying to grow you are going to have a more difficult time doing so with a variety channel. There are several reasons why.

For starters you are confusing YouTube. They already have a hard enough time trying to find the right audience to put your videos in front of... now you are switching things up and making it more difficult for them to find this audience. Also, new viewers are going to be confused. They'll watch a paranormal video and maybe they subscribe because they enjoyed it... only to see that your next video is a meditation video. Not the thing they signed up for. If they don't unsubscribe they will definitely not watch your meditation video. YouTube is going to see this and think your meditation video is a dud, and therefore they won't share it out as much.

Mind you; this is if you are making specific type videos of each. If your niche is you... if you are going all in on being a comedian and as a comedian you are tackling different subject that is a little different. Joe Rogan can talk about his time on television, marijuana, aliens or Elon Musk and that doesn't mean he is a variety channel. He is a personality who talks about different subjects, and that is far different than focusing on different niches.
For sure another important opinion that I receive here. Definitely nothing like talking and discussing ideas with the ones that understand what I am doing because they are also on it and on this case is Youtube. I must thank you for this opinion and I am definitely going to start developing niches from the work I have done. I may probably sacrifice some subscribers but this is a marathon and it's better to stop mistakes at the beginning. Thank you Stanley.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If multi niche is your journey for your channel then your niche focus should be you. In the past channels like Jacksepticeye and Rosanna Pansino worked because the focus of the channel was not necessarily the content but the content creators themselves. People watch Jacksepticeye regardless the game he plays because they wanna see him, his reactions to the games, his gameplay style and his comedic antics. This allowed him to be able to have a channel that can include anything from gaming to tech reviews to even pranks and jokes with fellow YouTubers because his audience was there not for any specific game but for him. Rosanna Pansino was able to accomplish the same goal even though her channel was about baking, cookware reviews, personal vlogs and even challenges with other YouTube friends.

In this day in age it's not easy to run a multi niche channel since the average viewer is now looking for very specific content to watch and expect content creators to give them more of the same content consistently. But if you can make yourself the star of your content, the niche itself, your channel has a good chance of becoming successful.

That's my 2 cents.

OP
OP
ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

ENTERTAIN 2MUCH

If multi niche is your journey for your channel then your niche focus should be you. In the past channels like Jacksepticeye and Rosanna Pansino worked because the focus of the channel was not necessarily the content but the content creators themselves. People watch Jacksepticeye regardless the game he plays because they wanna see him, his reactions to the games, his gameplay style and his comedic antics. This allowed him to be able to have a channel that can include anything from gaming to tech reviews to even pranks and jokes with fellow YouTubers because his audience was there not for any specific game but for him. Rosanna Pansino was able to accomplish the same goal even though her channel was about baking, cookware reviews, personal vlogs and even challenges with other YouTube friends.

In this day in age it's not easy to run a multi niche channel since the average viewer is now looking for very specific content to watch and expect content creators to give them more of the same content consistently. But if you can make yourself the star of your content, the niche itself, your channel has a good chance of becoming successful.

That's my 2 cents.
Thank you Brave Starr. I have been thinking a lot and gathering opinions and I don't want to be the "face" of my channel and also I don't have what it takes, so i prefer to develop niche channels. I will sacrifice subscribers from my current channel but I think it's the best thing to do and this is the time because i am just beginning. Thank you.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thank you Brave Starr. I have been thinking a lot and gathering opinions and I don't want to be the "face" of my channel and also I don't have what it takes, so i prefer to develop niche channels. I will sacrifice subscribers from my current channel but I think it's the best thing to do and this is the time because i am just beginning. Thank you.

If you're having fun and enjoying yourself, that's all that really matters in the end. Go get'em.

• Love