• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Our views

Wackyimpressionguy

Subscriber Goal
For some reason our videos seem to be getting lower and lower views and we don't know why we upload regularly enough but it seems no one in interested in our stuff anymore

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I'm confident that is simply the time of year. Views trend downward from September until January. That's when they start to pick up again. Happens every year like clockwork.

Reactions: MattCommand1

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I'm confident that is simply the time of year. Views trend downward from September until January. That's when they start to pick up again. Happens every year like clockwork.

I would say there might be an exception is if you have a "broken heater" video or "broken washer" videos like I do! When things are "broken" people seem to look for "fix it" videos all year round. Nothing I ever planned, these videos were born out of what happens on my own life. LOL!

If you got a busted heater in winter, it doesn't matter what day it is, holiday or not. You either have to tough it out, call someone, or go to YT and find a video to help you fix the problem!

HOWEVER, not much interest or viewership in a "broken air-conditioner" video in winter. I couldn't imagine why! LOL!

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you have to look at the whole year, then multiple years in a row to see the long cycle of how views ebb and flow, flood and drain. Everyone's views are down, especially compared to last year this time.
An excellent point that also warrants focus here. With the pandemic views exploded in 2020. 2021 kinda went back down to normal... but for anyone who started in 2020 or later you weren't privy to 2019 views. You feel like your views are down but we are actually just getting back to normal.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
For reference...
1640365204176.png

There is obviously growth in there, but notice how views drop off every year towards the latter half of the year. Also note that big spike in views during 2020, while 2021 flatlined.