• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Will deleting some videos affect combined hours on my channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boaugyg66

Subscriber Goal
I'm still working on getting my first 4,000 hours and I want to delete some videos from my page. Will that affect the number of hours I already have? The problem is, I made what I'm now learning is a classic mistake, I uploaded a few DIFFERENT types of videos hoping to catch an audience's eye. Now though, I want to go exclusively with my original, initial plan and make one type of video, in other words, I don't want to have car vids, luxury vids, relaxation vids, etc. I just want to go with relaxation/meditation videos and need to clear the rest of them out. I guess another question would be, is that wise, or should I just leave it alone? Any advice will help tremendously.
Thanks for reading even if you aren't able to help.
boaugyg66

Reactions: Rate It Riley

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is correct. YouTube is counting public watch time towards your 4k hours. If you delete a video or make it Private/Unlisted that video's watch time is no longer public and will be removed from your overall watch time towards YPP.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It is my understanding whatever time you have earned towards the 4,000 hours will be deducted once you hide or delete the videos.

Generally, I don't like to delete my own videos (at this time) but for some people, they might have to. I looked over your channel but I don't have a strong opinion one way or another.

Maybe @Stanley OrchardBuddy or @Damon will have a better-informed perspective on this matter.

OP
OP
boaugyg66

boaugyg66

Subscriber Goal
Thank you, I figured the hours would go away, just wanted to be sure, I need all of them I can get so I'm not deleting any of them. I really appreciate you going through it too. I may just make sure all the ones I want are in one playlist by themselves and continue to just put one kind together because I know that's how YouTube knows what kind of audience to send it to. So let me ask you, did you subscribe while you were there? Nah I'm kidding, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.