• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question More than 4 Months Change Contents, My View Dropped 99%

demoimoet

This is so sad for me. I just change from cartoon to content which i like about. But it's now dropped 99%.
I dont get views for 4 months now.

What should i do, now? Already change everything inside.

Please, need advice and what must i do?

Thank you,

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I hope I am not misunderstanding you.

You have 32.5K subscribers so it looks like you purged all the other content which got you there but going to all new content unrelated to the older content.

That means your existing subscribers are not prepared or want your new content. If you were going to have a drastic change in content, you probably should have started a new channel with the all-new content.

Reactions: Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I've noticed this so many times. People start a channel and expect people to just tune in for whatever they do. That isn't the way it works. If, an old grandma like me subscribes to your channel that I have no interest like in gaming, fishing or cooking your channel suffers. I'm trying so hard to replace the subs that cannot even stay to the end of one video. Why? They only subbed because they saw us in Kathmandu filming or they were thinking about taking a trip abroad. Maybe they chose India instead? They are finished with my channel and that hurts my stats. If my subs don't click on my videos YB stops showing them to these people. They don't even know they are a subscriber to my channel. It doesn't help my channel for them to be counted because the algorithm knows they don't watch the videos.
I always try to give an elevator speech when I invite people to subscribe. 'If you are planning a trip to Nepal you'll enjoy our channel, It's About Nepal. Our videos are to help travelers to Nepal have a more amazing time here.' If you don't love Nepal there is no reason to watch or subscribe to my channel.

Super Cooper Hobbies

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, you've got to be careful with changing up your content. Narrowing down what you're doing is one thing, but getting rid of all your previous content and making an entirely new type of content likely won't go well.

The Jungle Explorer

I should have been born 200 years ago!
TubeBuddy Pro
thejungleexplorer.com
Subscriber Goal
Don't take this the wrong way, but you made a mistake. You should not have deleted all your old content. You should have just created a new channel for the new content. If I were you, I would re-upload all the old content (I hope you made a backup) and move all your new content to a different channel. I know building a new channel seems like a big task, but it is a whole lot better than killing a successful channel with 32K subs.

I hope it all works out for you.

Living for Tomorrow

Don't take this the wrong way, but you made a mistake. You should not have deleted all your old content. You should have just created a new channel for the new content. If I were you, I would re-upload all the old content (I hope you made a backup) and move all your new content to a different channel. I know building a new channel seems like a big task, but it is a whole lot better than killing a successful channel with 32K subs.

I hope it all works out for you.
i have to agree with you

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah... I'm on the bandwagon of this having been a mistake. You can pivot your channel (or start a new one) and let the old content stand. It was bringing views. Cutting that only alienated your current audience and does nothing to improve the performance of new content.