• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Where can one get free license videos to download?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
You can do a search on YouTube and adjust the Search Filters for 'Creative Commons' videos. These videos have been labelled by the creator as ones which they will allow you to use for your own work. BUT you need to be careful when doing so. If one of these creators used someone else's music or video and then labelled their video as Creative Commons then you will also get hit with any Claims or Strikes that they end up receiving.

To add to what you are saying, some unethical copyright owners will intentionally change their Creative Commons designation to trap people to extort money from them. I think it is still relatively rare but I am not a fan of depending on Creative Commons license. Sometimes people misread Creative Commons fine print and suddenly they have a problem.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You can do a search on YouTube and adjust the Search Filters for 'Creative Commons' videos. These videos have been labelled by the creator as ones which they will allow you to use for your own work. BUT you need to be careful when doing so. If one of these creators used someone else's music or video and then labelled their video as Creative Commons then you will also get hit with any Claims or Strikes that they end up receiving.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
To add to what you are saying, some unethical copyright owners will intentionally change their Creative Commons designation to trap people to extort money from them. I think it is still relatively rare but I am not a fan of depending on Creative Commons license. Sometimes people misread Creative Commons fine print and suddenly they have a problem.
YES!!! That can not be understated. A content creator can claim/strike your video whenever they want. As such it is a common practice to offer 'copyright free music' only to turn around six months later and claim it after you've used it on fifty videos. And there is nothing you can do about it when they do this. It happens a lot and they make good money stealing your ad revenue.