• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Is an end card exchange like a sub for sub? Frowned upon?

Amanda Summers

Known Member
I've contacted a couple of other channels like mine, travel-type channels, to see if I could do collaborations with them. My idea is to put an end card for them and they do the same for me. But I haven't gotten any good response and now I'm wondering if it's a good idea. Please advise.

Reactions: Deejarh

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That is a solid idea and more in the mindset of things that people need to do. It is unfortunate that more people don't consider methods like this. However, I will say that this needs to be done correctly. A simple exchange of cards provides little value for anyone. There is no reason to click on it. I would segment portion and use the card as the end of that. For example; if you are doing a segment on your travel to Padre Island, Texas then I would take a moment to talk about the fishing in the area and how popular of a tourist attraction that is. Of course if anyone wanted to learn more about that there is a lovely Family-Fishing content creator in the area by the name of Stanley Orchard that is worth checking out, link in the card above if you are interested. That lovely fishing creator would then turn around and do a segment about tourism on Padre Island and how cool of a destination it is for 'fishing vacations,' something that the viewer could learn more about by checking out the card to a channel like It's About Nepal.

See how much more engaging and compelling that approach is? There is more value in the shared conversation than the actual link. Plan it ahead; put some thought into that segment and script it out and there is a lot of value in this concept.

• Love
Reactions: ScarTV and Damon
OP
OP
Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member
That is a solid idea and more in the mindset of things that people need to do. It is unfortunate that more people don't consider methods like this. However, I will say that this needs to be done correctly. A simple exchange of cards provides little value for anyone. There is no reason to click on it. I would segment portion and use the card as the end of that. For example; if you are doing a segment on your travel to Padre Island, Texas then I would take a moment to talk about the fishing in the area and how popular of a tourist attraction that is. Of course if anyone wanted to learn more about that there is a lovely Family-Fishing content creator in the area by the name of Stanley Orchard that is worth checking out, link in the card above if you are interested. That lovely fishing creator would then turn around and do a segment about tourism on Padre Island and how cool of a destination it is for 'fishing vacations,' something that the viewer could learn more about by checking out the card to a channel like It's About Nepal.

See how much more engaging and compelling that approach is? There is more value in the shared conversation than the actual link. Plan it ahead; put some thought into that segment and script it out and there is a lot of value in this concept.
Very helpful answer. I'm a person who thinks outside the box and it often gets me into trouble. When we do this do we get a 'creator recommended' credit? I never see anyone with a score more than zero there, but I'm just starting to pay attention to things like this. I've reached out to only 2 creators and one said 'later' and the other didn't answer. I looked for creators who share viewers with me and have about the same amount of subs. It might be better to subscribe first and leave a few comments and then ask.

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Damon is correct; you will need to have some relationship with them before jumping right into the collab. They need a reason to want to collab with you.

OP
OP
Amanda Summers

Amanda Summers

Known Member
You may have to strike up a relationship of sorts by commenting on their videos to build rapport.
Yes, I always give a like, comment, subscribe if it's in my genre and try to watch the commercial and watch the video to the end. I think of them as colleagues, not competitors. Maybe I need to give it a bit more time.

Reactions: Damon