• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review I help people relax by creating calming music with subtle animation. How can I reach more people?

Anan

TubeBuddy User
User name: Anan
Title of thread: I help people relax by creating calming music with subtle animation. How can I reach more people?
Self review: I am very new to YT and can't seem to be getting off the ground. Some other players in this space have started new but are doing very well. We have similar themes. How can I improve?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7ksLqU_VDOIVYYwl_PRFQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46579/post-147830

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
According to your channel description, you are using someone else's music without permission or licensing. But at the same time, you say you are creating the music?

If this is not your music and you have no license, you are asking to be shut down. You won't have to worry about reaching more people if YT shuts you down.

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I would definitely recommend spicing up your thumbnails a little more. They look very peaceful and serene, but based on some of the other channels similar to yours, they don't have enough going on in my opinion. Maybe add some writing on their that links to your title? Also, make your titles more searchable. Looking at the titles on your videos, I would not think to search any of those. Don't get me wrong, your titles are really good, but maybe add that in the description box or after a more searchable title. Hope this is helpful!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB
OP
OP
Anan

Anan

TubeBuddy User
I am using stock music. I have no copyright claims on my videos. Don't worry about that. Do you have any advice on how to grow more channel?

OP
OP
Anan

Anan

TubeBuddy User
According to your channel description, you are using someone else's music without permission or licensing. But at the same time, you say you are creating the music?

If this is not your music and you have no license, you are asking to be shut down. You won't have to worry about reaching more people if YT shuts you down.
I am using stock music. I have no copyright claims on my videos. Don't worry about that. Do you have any advice on how to grow more channel?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost: You have only made ten videos. You just don't exist yet. This is ok... what you don't yet realize is that you are building a library. You will gain viewers and subscribers in the future based solely on the size of your library. Also, when you really start to grow you will get those videos that explode and you need that library present because when one pops they all pop. As it stands now you just don't have enough content for YouTube to even understand what your niche is. They don't know who to share you out to. Many of the YouTube Certified Educators and Gurus will tell you that you need to bury your head in the sand and make 100 videos before you even start to review yourself. It takes 100 videos for YouTube to figure you out, for you to figure yourself out, and for your audience to gain faith that you aren't just another guy with ten videos hoping to become an overnight YT star.

You also are not helping YouTube to understand your channel. While your most recent video features a 65 SEO score you haven't optimized your description or title for search and the SEO that you have accomplished appears to be focused on your video tags... the least critical portion of the SEO process. After researching your keywords you need to implement them correctly otherwise they have little value to you. You need to focus the beginning of your video title on the number one keyword phrase that you hope to target and you need to fit several very specific, conjoined, researched keywords into the first 200 characters of the video description. If you are spending your time researching Excellent keyword phrases then this is going to make a vast improvement in YouTube understanding your content and serving it out to the correct audience. The better YouTube understands your content the better they will do at putting it in front of the right person. The more 'right' that person is the longer they will watch... the better the video will perform... and the more views you will get down the line.

You do need to do something about those thumbnails. Look at the thumbnails of your competition... what makes someone want to click on yours instead of theirs? Every time you research a keyword you also need to research the videos who currently rank for that keyword. Like this... in your most recent video you targeted the keyword 'December 2021 Relaxing Jazz' so let's see what currently ranks for that term:

1640184186460.png

All of the videos which top this search are warm and inviting. They are Christmas-oriented. Your thumbnail of the swing in the rain is stark and different... but not really different in a way that makes the viewers searching for this want to click on it. In this circumstance I would have targeted a different phrase and a different viewer. I imagine you are going to get very few clicks here as the viewers searching this query are not looking for your type of video and this is going to cause your video to perform poorly.

I also have to add that as mentioned above you do need to be very careful about music. You say that this is 'Stock' music and that waves a big red flag for me. 'Stock' music does not denote open-license (or what people refer to as 'copyright-free') music. People sell stock music all the time. You might not have any claims or strikes on your videos but don't let that lull you into a false sense of security. A copyright owner has the ability and the right to claim or strike you if and when they want to... and typically they do so right after you get monetized or when you suddenly get a big hit. It always comes at the worst possible opportunity. I'm not saying that you are doing that... but I am saying that your content is centered around music and if that music isn't yours you need to be exceptionally careful. You need to know exactly what you are getting into. Music shuts down more creators than all other types of copyright issues combined and if you are not educated and aware of the terms of use for your music then you are opening yourself up to a real miserable situation that will occur right at that time you least want it to happen.

Finally, you need to spend a little time working on improving the actual video of your work. I have had more conversations and arguments with ASMR music guys (and derelict garage bands) who love to talk about how the experience is supposed to be about the music and it's not about the video and blah blah blah but the fact of the matter is that you are posting to a video platform. Even if it's an ASMR, relaxing experience there is an element of video here and you need to take advantage of that. Add some graphics for the viewer to subscribe from time to time. Make the video itself as compelling as possible. Make it stand out from your competition. You should be focusing not on making your channel exactly like these other guys you are referring to... but better. Different. Give a unique experience rather than one that just blends in with the crowd.

Taja Barnes

Hey there, I'm a very new Youtuber but I'd recommend working on your thumbnails! Try making them similar to the thumbnails used for your niche. Personally, I love music pages! Wish you much success.

FilipFIXtiger

User name: Anan
Title of thread: I help people relax by creating calming music with subtle animation. How can I reach more people?
Self review: I am very new to YT and can't seem to be getting off the ground. Some other players in this space have started new but are doing very well. We have similar themes. How can I improve?
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz7ksLqU_VDOIVYYwl_PRFQ
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/46579/post-147830
Animated Music Video