• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Shorts for upload consistency?

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
It is so much easier to create shorts and have a larger number of videos uploaded compared to longer videos. The shorts also work better for my latest content plan, so I was wondering...

Regular uploads seem to be a big factor in pleasing the YouTube algorithm so if I spend a few weeks only uploading 2 or 3 shorts videos per week without uploading regular YouTube videos, will this have a negative impact on my channel?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Uploading a bunch of Shorts will not have a negative impact on your channel. They don't really help as far as the content schedule goes, but they can be used to suppliment your schedule a bit.

What you need to be aware of is your audience. If you have a big hit with a Shorts video and it garners you 10,000 subscribers are these new subs going to enjoy the rest of your content? If not you have a problem... 10,000 'empty subs' will be an issue that will negatively impact your channel. Another thing to be concerned about is how your current subscribers will react to being inundated with so many Shorts videos.

If your Shorts videos suppliment your long form content then you should have no issues. But if the shorts are not a natural extension of your longform content then this is not going to connect well with either the subscribers you get from your Shorts or the subscribers to your longform content.

OP
OP
Paul Hill

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
Uploading a bunch of Shorts will not have a negative impact on your channel. They don't really help as far as the content schedule goes, but they can be used to suppliment your schedule a bit.

What you need to be aware of is your audience. If you have a big hit with a Shorts video and it garners you 10,000 subscribers are these new subs going to enjoy the rest of your content? If not you have a problem... 10,000 'empty subs' will be an issue that will negatively impact your channel. Another thing to be concerned about is how your current subscribers will react to being inundated with so many Shorts videos.

If your Shorts videos suppliment your long form content then you should have no issues. But if the shorts are not a natural extension of your longform content then this is not going to connect well with either the subscribers you get from your Shorts or the subscribers to your longform content.
Thanks for your thoughts. Some excellent things to think about there. Always difficult to know what is best when new opportunities come along. Lots of testing to do I think.