• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered TubeBuddy scheduler affecting Shorts views?

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
I have recently upgraded my TubeBuddy License and I have started using the scheduler, which seems awesome. I have also started experimenting with Shorts. The first 7 Shorts were scheduled using YouTube's scheduler and videos were getting views in the thousands. I scheduled the 7th Short using the TubeBuddy scheduler and the video only gained 5 views, which were not from the Shorts carousel.

What is the best way to use TubeBuddy scheduler? When uploading videos, I set them to private, then I use TubeBuddy scheduler to schedule the videos separately. Is this the best way to use the scheduler as I couldn't seem to use it at the time of uploading. When using TubeBuddy scheduler, the videos do not show as scheduled in the video list. Is this normal? Also, will using the TubeBuddy scheduler mess up Shorts views somehow, or is this just coincidence?

Reactions: MattCommand1

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
When using the TubeBuddy scheduler a few notes:
1. Scheduled videos do not show up in the main video list but under the Bulk and Miscellaneous tools menu for Schedule. (TubeBuddy cannot alter the main YouTube view so it has to be visible and built into a TubeBuddy, not YouTube view or menu). You would also see updates that are scheduled here like updating a title, changing visibility, or updating other metadata.
2. Scheduling a video with TubeBuddy does not affect wether or not a video would appear in the shorts shelf. So, while weird, that would have been a coincidence
3. The major difference in the YouTube vs TubeBuddy scheduled publish is TubeBuddy allows for you to schedule your first comment at time of publish as well. YouTube does not offer this.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Paul,

Good questions. I've been wondering the difference between the YT scheduler (which I use for every video) and the TB scheduler myself. I am eager to hear an informed answer.

Reactions: Paul Hill
OP
OP
Paul Hill

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
When using the TubeBuddy scheduler a few notes:
1. Scheduled videos do not show up in the main video list but under the Bulk and Miscellaneous tools menu for Schedule. (TubeBuddy cannot alter the main YouTube view so it has to be visible and built into a TubeBuddy, not YouTube view or menu). You would also see updates that are scheduled here like updating a title, changing visibility, or updating other metadata.
2. Scheduling a video with TubeBuddy does not affect wether or not a video would appear in the shorts shelf. So, while weird, that would have been a coincidence
3. The major difference in the YouTube vs TubeBuddy scheduled publish is TubeBuddy allows for you to schedule your first comment at time of publish as well. YouTube does not offer this.
Thanks Shelly. A strange coincidence indeed! I have videos scheduled for the next few weeks, so hopefully they will make it onto the shorts shelf. I also tried rescheduling the failed shorts video using the YouTube scheduler to see if that would result in the video gaining views. It didn't. My experimentation with this new format shall continue...

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Shelly. A strange coincidence indeed! I have videos scheduled for the next few weeks, so hopefully they will make it onto the shorts shelf. I also tried rescheduling the failed shorts video using the YouTube scheduler to see if that would result in the video gaining views. It didn't. My experimentation with this new format shall continue...
I love a good experiment! Let us know how it goes!

Reactions: Paul Hill
OP
OP
Paul Hill

Paul Hill

TubeBuddy Pro
paulhill.biz
Subscriber Goal
My experimentation continues, although I have some very interesting results...

My first six shorts each gained between 500 - 3000 views in the first few hours. These were scheduled using the YouTube scheduler.

I scheduled a new batch of shorts using the TubeBuddy scheduler and the first two gained 5 and 9 views.

I deleted the rest of the videos and uploaded them again, back to using the YouTube scheduler. The first of the videos has gained 456 views so far, after a few hours.

I will continue to monitor this, although it doesn't seem coincidental that the two shorts using the TubeBuddy scheduler failed to gain any views. All my shorts videos are exactly the same format with identical settings and even the titles and descriptions are very similar.