• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered Can not Post to Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grandpa's Gaming

I have my Facebook page linked to tubebuddy, however when I go to my youtube channel and press the button to upload to facebook, the youtube error comes up with "not linked to a facebook page" but it is clearly linked in tubebuddy. I have tried removing and redoing the link with facebook in tubebuddy, but this does not work. Anyone out there with any ideas. I do not see this topic in the forum.

Grandpa

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, this is due to a change in Facebook API and the YouTube integration allowance rules. Facebook no longer allows TubeBuddy to push the YouTube video directly to Facebook. TubeBuddy can still publish the title, description, and thumbnail from YouTube but you now have to point to original video file to upload it natively. (Also, side note, I am assuming you have a star level or higher license as this is a feature that is specific to star or higher).

The Kitchen Gamer

Making Food from everyday and from Video Games
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
I have my Facebook page linked to tubebuddy, however when I go to my youtube channel and press the button to upload to facebook, the youtube error comes up with "not linked to a facebook page" but it is clearly linked in tubebuddy. I have tried removing and redoing the link with facebook in tubebuddy, but this does not work. Anyone out there with any ideas. I do not see this topic in the forum.

Grandpa
I'm not that useful but if the issue persists then just contact TubeBuddy Support they should be able to help you but first look up tutorials etc.

Shelly Saves the Day

Trusted User
TubeBuddy User
Trusted User
shellysavestheday.com
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunately, this is due to a change in Facebook API and the YouTube integration allowance rules. Facebook no longer allows TubeBuddy to push the YouTube video directly to Facebook. TubeBuddy can still publish the title, description, and thumbnail from YouTube but you now have to point to original video file to upload it natively. (Also, side note, I am assuming you have a star level or higher license as this is a feature that is specific to star or higher).

Status
Not open for further replies.