• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Advice needed for keywords for unique channel.

Scott C

IΓÇÖm looking for a little advice on my channel. ItΓÇÖs a talking hamster comedian that tells Dad jokes. I originally thought it would appeal to the people who watch those hamster maze videos (really astronomical numbers) or hamster owners, but it doesnΓÇÖt seem to be the case. Most of my audience has been males 24-35. I selected ΓÇ£Made for AdultsΓÇ¥ originally, but now I changed them to ΓÇ£Made for KidsΓÇ¥. I am going to now market it towards children, since they are clean jokes. The videos are very short, around a minute long, telling 4 to 5 jokes. IΓÇÖve had some success turning the one minute shows into one liners and making them shorts. But IΓÇÖm having trouble getting my one-minute videos more views. Any suggestions from this group as far as keywords or any else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Had to delete that link; we don't allow channel/video links in the server. I would advise against marking your channel/videos as 'For Kids.' That distinction removes comments/engagement and targeted ads from your videos. It also only allows your videos to be seen from users under 13. 'Made For Adults' is a bit of a misnomer; it doesn't mean only adults. It would be better if they called this 'General Audience,' as this distinction allows for kids to watch your content but also allows for adults, comments, engagement and monetization.

OP
OP
S

Scott C

Had to delete that link; we don't allow channel/video links in the server. I would advise against marking your channel/videos as 'For Kids.' That distinction removes comments/engagement and targeted ads from your videos. It also only allows your videos to be seen from users under 13. 'Made For Adults' is a bit of a misnomer; it doesn't mean only adults. It would be better if they called this 'General Audience,' as this distinction allows for kids to watch your content but also allows for adults, comments, engagement and monetization.
Thank you stanley, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for the tip on the audience view.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thank you stanley, I'm new to this forum. Thanks for the tip on the audience view.
Not going to say that 100% of everything I talk about is gospel, but I am happy to give my 2 cents whenever needed.

Reactions: MattCommand1