• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Is it normal for YouTube to lower the CPM to 0,00 multiple times?

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Is it normal for YouTube to lower the CPM to 0,00 multiple times?

Attachments

• Screenshot (170).jpg
    Screenshot (170).jpg
    533.8 KB · Views: 127

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am not seeing where the CPM was changed in that picture, but I do see some red flags on your channel. You appear to be performing decently in the last 28 days... 13,000+ views. But only 100,000 views for an 11k channel is suspicious and I would be willing to bet that this and any subsequent demonitization are tied together.

There are several reasons for activity like this but I will be honest, it looks like channel damage from sub4sub. If it's not then maybe Shorts videos? All in all I see a distinct lack of views for a channel of your size and that lack of views is costing you CPM's. We need to get to the bottom of that discrepancy.

OP
OP
Scicel69

Scicel69

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I am not seeing where the CPM was changed in that picture, but I do see some red flags on your channel. You appear to be performing decently in the last 28 days... 13,000+ views. But only 100,000 views for an 11k channel is suspicious and I would be willing to bet that this and any subsequent demonitization are tied together.

There are several reasons for activity like this but I will be honest, it looks like channel damage from sub4sub. If it's not then maybe Shorts videos? All in all I see a distinct lack of views for a channel of your size and that lack of views is costing you CPM's. We need to get to the bottom of that discrepancy.

The top of the image is the CPM of my channel and the views below. Yes. I got subscribers when I had a vision from without a bra and they stopped my channel. They wrote that they were my videos - reused videos. thatΓÇÖs when I got a huge amount of subscribers. It seems that they are not interested in my kitchen and travel :) Shots from without a bra I'm afraid to give up so that they will close the channel again?
I am slowly losing subscribers
I didnΓÇÖt know the whole channelΓÇÖs CPM could drop to 0.00. I have views and there are commercials and I donΓÇÖt get anything. Why?
Thanks for the reply.
Snicel 69

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah demonitization doesn't mean YouTube stops playing ads... it just means that you stop getting the money from them. Nudity and reused content are what they got you for, that is against their terms of service and this is the result of that.

You can begin posting the original content that you wanted to make; your cooking and travel videos. No, they will not be successful... but they should be what you enjoy doing and they should provide something that can be monetized. You will likely continue to lose subscribers as this is not the content they came for, but that is all part of the game.

The only other option would be to either start over entirely with clean, TOS friendly content or continue making the content you do legally. You can of course always provide redirects off platform if needed.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
The only other option would be to either start over entirely with clean, TOS friendly content or continue making the content you do legally.

Sometimes, it is simply better to start from ZERO. I've had older YT channels (mostly to host content, not really applying knowledge I know today) but totally unrelated with what I wanted to do this time around and the prior subscribers were pointless in the new channel.

It is easier and cleaner to reboot. Of course, the mental pain of starting from zero is not easy either! LOL!

My prior YT channels were NOTHING like this guy's situation. But sometimes, it is better to take your licks and learn the hard lesson.

And what happened to Scicel69 should be a lesson to all beginners. Stop using recycled content, stop chasing the "sugar highs" of "instant" subscribers. Stop trying to cheat the system. He is getting a channel spank from the YT gods. It will not end well as is evident.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: Scicel69 and Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Sometimes, it is simply better to start from ZERO. I've had older YT channels (mostly to host content, not really applying knowledge I know today) but totally unrelated with what I wanted to do this time around and the prior subscribers were pointless in the new channel.

It is easier and cleaner to reboot. Of course, the mental pain of starting from zero is not easy either! LOL!

My prior YT channels were NOTHING like this guy's situation. But sometimes, it is better to take your licks and learn the hard lesson.

And what happened to Scicel69 should be a lesson to all beginners. Stop using recycled content, stop chasing the "sugar highs" of "instant" subscribers. Stop trying to cheat the system. He is getting a channel spank from the YT gods. It will not end well as is evident.

Exactly, 100% absolutely right on this one. It sucks, but it is also part of the game. I've had to advise channels with 2 million subscribers that they will need to start over because there was no saving their channel due to issues exactly like this. Be thankful that is not the case for your channel.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
People can make videos on the same thing. They simply cannot use the same and identical clips. YT does not like content spamming. If you want to copy one video over to the new channel, you would have to delete the other video first. But don't delete until confirm you have the video on your computer.

It is hard to say what is going on with your other channel without actually seeing it. It could be your titles, descriptions, or thumbnails. Those are the big 3 to attract clicks. But ultimately, the video has to stand up on its own from a content perspective to hold a viewers interest.

Reactions: Amanda Summers

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
That's the other issue. The algorithm only shows it to Nepalese people, but it's for tourists. The local people click on and promptly click off.

Part of the issue is helping YT algorithm connect the dots. I visited your channel and have not had a chance to respond there on the other thread. However, may I make the following suggestions to attract tourists? You have to get in the heads of what tourists are seeking on YT while connecting the dots for the YT algorithm.
  • What it's really like for an American living in Nepal?
  • Why I moved from the U.S. to Nepal to live.
  • What is the cost of living in Nepal?
  • What are favorite foods to try when visiting Nepal?
  • What are the best US flights to take to visit Nepal?
  • What are the best European flights to visit Nepal?
  • What are the best places to visit while in Nepal?
  • Where is the best places to stay when visiting Nepal?
  • What I Love About Living in Nepal
  • What I Love About Visting Nepal
  • What tours should I take when I am in Nepal?
That is the tip of the iceberg of all the questions a tourist might want to search on.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks so much. One thing I see that really turns me off is for people to constantly have the camera on their own face so much. I think I'm maybe not on camera enough. But it's about Nepal (literally) not about me. People tell me to put a bit more focus on myself, but I did a blog-style video once and it pretty much flopped, or maybe I was too sensitive about it. I'm going to take your advice and do more personal videos. It makes me feel quite vulnerable. Scary...

I think you might have read more into my suggestion than I intended. The titles were simply brainstorming ideas. They don't require you to be on camera at all. It is possible to produce these videos without your face if you are camera shy. You can use voiceovers. There are a lot of ways to execute the idea. However, being part of the video as the "host", guide, or educator for a viewer is not uncommon.

Based on your prior results, I would argue that you have NOT focused on the mainstream viewer regardless of whether you were in the video or not. You should not conflate the idea that if you are not on camera, you are focused on the viewer. I would argue that sometimes we need to be on camera FOR the viewer. It is in the style of execution.

I am somewhat concerned that you may inadvertently bring negative energy into the video unless you change your thinking of being a video host or guide for someone. That could hurt you. Of course, it is natural for creators to be nervous and a little scared on camera but ultimately you have to feel you are providing a positive service. All the Nepal footage in the world will never be seen unless someone is willing to tell and host the story.

Like I said, I merely offered some title suggestions. How you execute the ideas is left to the imagination. I would focus on thinking of a way to execute that makes you interested, motivated, and satisfying vs. thinking the video is about yourself and feeling vulnerable.

Good luck!