• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered I don't understand purpose of seo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am not sure what you mean by 'higher rating,' but I assume that your competitor has a video which is ranking in search higher than you despite the fact that you have optimized your video better.

Optimization helps YouTube to understand what your video is about so that they can put it in front of the correct audience. But just because they got it in front of the right person does not mean that your video is the best video for that viewer. At the end of the day you have to put out a video that garners more watch time and engagement than those which currently rank for that given search term. Focus on the viewer; what do you need to do in order to make your video something that is more in line with what they want.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am not sure what you mean by 'higher rating,' but I assume that your competitor has a video which is ranking in search higher than you despite the fact that you have optimized your video better.

Optimization helps YouTube to understand what your video is about so that they can put it in front of the correct audience. But just because they got it in front of the right person does not mean that your video is the best video for that viewer. At the end of the day you have to put out a video that garners more watch time and engagement than those which currently rank for that given search term. Focus on the viewer; what do you need to do in order to make your video something that is more in line with what they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.