• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips Your Highest Viewed Videos Are Trying To Telling You Something

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
In case you haven't been paying attention, you might want to check your video list on your channel because your highest performing videos are trying to tell you something about your channel.

I've gone through some member's channels looking to see how their content fairs and sometimes I notice patterns. Things that seem to connect one video with another that the creator should be looking at. After looking at a member's channel earlier today I noticed he/she had several videos that had views in the 300 to 400+ range while the rest averaged less than 100 views. So I asked myself why were some of his videos getting so many views while the others were not and as I looked at each video I saw a pattern. The videos with the highest views had similar content with specific keywords that seem to be working well for his channel. His channel had a lot of content based around a specific product but his videos were not about just one aspect of this product but instead touched on different aspects related to this one product. But one aspect in particular seemed to resonate with his viewers and his channel that seemed to form a pattern. So, I advised him about this pattern I saw and I suggested he consider focusing his content around this particular aspect of his content.

In essence, I advised him to do what I usually tell new content creators to do on their channels. Create the content you want to make and try different ideas to see which ones work and which ones don't and stick with the ones that do and experiment with that idea. You should basically have an idea of the kind of audience you're trying to reach thus you make your content around that audience. As you create content you refine you style, method and ideas around what your audience watches the most. Always check your analytics to see what your viewers like watching the most in your videos and where they are leaving your videos. That way you know what works so you can use that and improve on it while avoiding that which makes them leave before the end. Learn to read those analytics, they are the key to being successful on YouTube.

Here's a simple idea you can use to start looking at your content to see how your videos are doing and compare them accordingly. Go to your channel studio, look at your video content list and as shown in the image below, sort your videos by the number of views. Then look at the videos with the highest views and try to see if there's a pattern, if there is something these videos have in common that could be making them more viewable to your audience. It could be keywords, it could be a very specific kind of content they all have that the rest of your videos don't have, this is where the analytics help a lot. Everything can be a factor, the age group, the country most viewers are from, gender, etc. Try to see if you can find it and when you do I suggest making more content that matches these videos to see if you can get high views. If so then you may have just cracked the code for your channel and thus simply need to stick with this content and improve as you go on.

Good luck.

Channel content .png

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@TitoTim has a point. What do you do when the video(s) with the highest views cannot be replicated? If climbing Mt. Everest or crossing the Serengeti is your greatest video, you wouldn't be able to that three days a week. My highest videos were hot-rodding and blowing up mud motors. I can't risk my life with a motor hot-rodded so much that is blows up on me right below the dam when they release water.

Or if I catch a rare monster fish, well, I can't necessarily replicate that. Some videos aren't replicable.

Last edited:
Reactions: MattCommand1

Yours Truly

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, I have been posting a variety of lifestyle videos. Around Christmas time I posted my first baking video on my channel. I got almost a thousand views on it. I like to bake, but not enough to have my whole channel be about it. Another video I posted was about Derek Hough's show in Vegas. As much as I love ballroom/DWTS/Derek Hough, I can't really continue to do my whole channel about that, because they're seasonal. I think videos just pick up in their own time, and will drop off in their own time. Make content that interests you, because there are other's just like you out there, but you have to find them :)

bectries_food

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think this is great in theory, but also a good way to refine this to is to look at the videos that you know can't be replicated, but see what you can offer in regards to auxiliary content. For example Tito with house building now that the process is over, is there any advice you would give to anyone building a house such as what to avoid, what was problematic that you didn't expect to be etc. It will give your viewers a nice wrap up of the whole experience.