• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question I am getting a lot of Dislikes on my latest videos, what is happening?

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
It can be a couple of things. One, it is genuine feedback that something about the video is upsetting them. It can be the quality or even an unpopular opinion. Two, occasionally you hear of certain videos or creators being attacked.

How is the quality, accuracy, or opinions being shared? Controversial topics or opinions such as those political in nature will certainly attract a good number of dislikes.

I just read that YT is going to start removing the stats of Dislike to dissuade the mob effect of pile-on "attacks".

Reactions: Calla isla

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Reactions: Calla isla

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Recently, I am getting a lot of Dislikes on my latest videos, and not sure why is that, do you know if that affects me?

Is the comment section reflecting the dislikes you're getting? That could be a good indicator if it's legit dislikes or if it's trolls messing with your channel.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
thank you so much for your reply matt3006,
really? where did you read that?
YT released a video about it. They try to explain it well, but it makes no real sense.
I already do not see any dislikes. People are saying this video has 59k dislikes, but I do not see a count. It either got removed already, or removed for my country? The comments seem to be very much against the change. I just see it as an odd halfway mess. Either remove it completely or leave it alone. Their 'fix' seems to me to be useless. :cool:

View: https://youtu.be/kxOuG8jMIgI

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So, you've already got your answers here but I will reiterate what everyone else is saying just to provide any needed closure for anyone reading this.

Dislikes never mattered. Someone was targeting you... and all that engagement is a positive reflection of your video. It encouraged engagement, and that is a good thing. Because it was 'disliked' your content will be suggested to that individual viewer less, and obviously that individual wasn't someone that you really wanted to keep around anyway.

That having been said Dislikes have been discontinued and are being deprecated. This is now a conversation of the past!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Pffsst, they should just chunk the whole thing. Dislikes never stopped me from making content. Honestly, I rather they go with a :heart: like Twitter.

edit: Oh, man, I just watched that video. Good night! That's a pretty lame solution. Yeah, they should just get rid of the whole thing. No matter time ot get back to making more content.

Last edited:

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
edit: Oh, man, I just watched that video. Good night! That's a pretty lame solution. Yeah, they should just get rid of the whole thing. No matter time ot get back to making more content.
Yeah, they are not removing them - just making them invisible. Kind of a halfway (yet useless) "fix". I would say either leave them as is, or get rid of them, and I have no real preference on which.

• Love
Reactions: Damon