• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Automotive Two steps verifications

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Hi! I seriously need help. My two steps verifications were set with my phone, my phone crashed and I can't log in to my g-mail on the new phone I just got which is so challenging. My lined-up videos on the phone can't even be retrieved, making shorts has become unattainable. Any advice on how I can deactivate the two steps verification on that crashed phone and set it on my new phone? Please help. Thanks

BABON BONTANG

Baronang Bontang
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hi! I seriously need help. My two steps verifications were set with my phone, my phone crashed and I can't log in to my g-mail on the new phone I just got which is so challenging. My lined-up videos on the phone can't even be retrieved, making shorts has become unattainable. Any advice on how I can deactivate the two steps verification on that crashed phone and set it on my new phone? Please help. Thanks
I'm also looking for a solution to this problem. my friend experienced the same thing and still looking for help. thank you for sharing. hope someone helps

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
My two steps verifications were set with my phone, my phone crashed...
What does phone "crashed" mean? Like physically crushed? Cracked screen? iPhone or Android? Many phones can be connected to an external monitor/keyboard if the screen was smashed (at least Samsung phones).

Was your 2FA using SMS (text messages) before? Or using an app?

Also if you ever bought anything using your google account (including YouTube premium or YouTube music before that) they may be able to verify you via your payment information.

P.S. While you can't change the past - everyone should have minimum 2 methods for 2FA!! If you are a YouTuber, this is more important than for anyone else. I use Yubikeys and have 3, one stays at my desk at home, one on my keychain and one locked in a safe for emergency backup.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
What does phone "crashed" mean? Like physically crushed? Cracked screen? iPhone or Android? Many phones can be connected to an external monitor/keyboard if the screen was smashed (at least Samsung phones).

Was your 2FA using SMS (text messages) before? Or using an app?

Also if you ever bought anything using your google account (including YouTube premium or YouTube music before that) they may be able to verify you via your payment information.

P.S. While you can't change the past - everyone should have minimum 2 methods for 2FA!! If you are a YouTuber, this is more important than for anyone else. I use Yubikeys and have 3, one stays at my desk at home, one on my keychain and one locked in a safe for emergency backup.
It can't power on again.

BensTechLab

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
www.benstechlab.com
Subscriber Goal
It can't power on again.

This is too brief a message with not enough information to help you. You will not find a solution online if you aren't going to put in a bit more effort to describe your issue (I had asked if it were crushed/cracked/physically damaged and whether it was an iPhone or Android and whether you were using SMS 2FA or app based 2FA). Did you take your old phone to a repair shop? They often know tricks to get it booted back up even temporarily in pieces on the counter just to recover the essentials.

OP
OP
Maryprecious

Maryprecious

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
This is too brief a message with not enough information to help you. You will not find a solution online if you aren't going to put in a bit more effort to describe your issue (I had asked if it were crushed/cracked/physically damaged and whether it was an iPhone or Android and whether you were using SMS 2FA or app based 2FA). Did you take your old phone to a repair shop? They often know tricks to get it booted back up even temporarily in pieces on the counter just to recover the essentials.
it's an iPhone that stopped charging. I'm not using SMS 2FA. I took it to a repair shop but they couldn't fix it. Thanks