• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Cooking with dog?s

chris3141084

Subscriber Goal
User name: chris3141084
Title of thread: Cooking with dog?s
Self review: So where do I start. IΓÇÖm shooting in 4K60 on iPhone 12 Pro max, I have some tripods, voiceover on yeti x(no fine tuning) processing on iMovie. IΓÇÖve posted 1 food video, some other outdoor videos. Have 2 recipes trying to figure out best editing techniques and stuff before posting, Ive probably seen my kimchi video 50 times by now. I donΓÇÖt hate it. Tough SEO to breakthrough on. My critique is the algorithm and I donΓÇÖt really like the sound of my voice, may be able to do something about that on yeti blue voice mixer. I donΓÇÖt desire for myself to be on camera. Maybe 1000 sub surprise/reward. I think I need a good intro scene, maybe puppy footage, catch people first 30 seconds. Or I donΓÇÖt really capture you with a ΓÇ£ do you have this problem? LetΓÇÖs fix it!ΓÇ¥ I Should. The script could be tweaked, but again not sure what else to do, besides figure out how to make it sound natural. Id like to introduce a second camera location, but limited with data storage, experience. I feel most others are doing the same. Thoughts on extraneous clip usage? , I think they fit good but they are what I found available online. I think I should learn to zoom and pan on my footage. Focus on whatΓÇÖs important, but want dogs to be focus when I can. Assume people want to see stuff, but not too much to lose too focus. I think my video title is okay, not sure where else I can go with it. I think the thumbnail is good for an existing picture, could do better. maybe choose to photograph the food item instead. Font choices, had ΓÇ£Text ArtΓÇ¥ trial. Going for a ΓÇ£cooking with dogΓÇ¥ vibe; RIP Francis. Overall weΓÇÖll be doing cooking, travel/DC area, product reviews, lists. Any help/criticism/links/others to emulate/ feel free to share, or sub. Love to hear from one of you, more of you. See you in the comments . Thanks again.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/lJo4i1nEufQ

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/45040/

MrJay

Chris --

I think you've done a good job with your cuts and edits to take out any unnecessary time. You've given us the idea of how to do something (chop carrots) without showing us you chopping ALL of the carrots. I like that. I get not wanting to be on camera, so I like the angle you have chosen - but I wonder if cutting back and forth between this angle and a top-down angle into the pots would be good as well. Maybe even a picture-in-picture to show us both as you go along.

I think your video quality is good and I don't think anybody likes the sound of their own voice when they hear it -- but as long an you are passionate about what you are doing I think it will come across to people. Don't be afraid to "over do" it in some places. It may feel silly to you, but it really will come across to the audience. I like how you have some different video elements in there as well to break it up (go to your happy place). It helps make it fun. My suggestion would be when you do those to maybe switch the music to give the user an audio queue of the change as well.

I think the biggest thing is that you call it cooking with dogs, but all we really see are the dogs in the background. It would be fun to find a way to incorporate them more into things. Maybe if you had an intro, like you said, that had them in it that would be good. I have used some stock stuff from MotionArray.com in my videos and made edits - but it would require knowledge in a video editing program (they have a lot of options). Also, I don't know if you give your dogs people food or not -- you could have them try it at the end -- LOL. Or, you could video someone else trying it while the dogs are eating as well. I'm not quite sure what the answer is, but would love to see them incorporated more into the video. Maybe the "breaks" you take could be you playing with them or having them do a trick.

Overall, I think you're on the right track. Looking forward to seeing more.

TLAG

User name: chris3141084
Title of thread: Cooking with dog?s
Self review: So where do I start. IΓÇÖm shooting in 4K60 on iPhone 12 Pro max, I have some tripods, voiceover on yeti x(no fine tuning) processing on iMovie. IΓÇÖve posted 1 food video, some other outdoor videos. Have 2 recipes trying to figure out best editing techniques and stuff before posting, Ive probably seen my kimchi video 50 times by now. I donΓÇÖt hate it. Tough SEO to breakthrough on. My critique is the algorithm and

I donΓÇÖt really like the sound of my voice:
I thought you had a very good voice for videos, sometime you did speak a little to fast,

video cuts:
need to be a little sharper and some close ups of you cutting the vegs, PS, the veg cutting would be good for an AMSR channel.

the dogs:
do more with the dogs, use them for your thumbs, make them look the part, cook for the dogs.

ingredients:
To many, remember this "KISS" keep is simple STUPID, people have a short attention span.

Title,,, ill give it a go

"
Learn how to make the best traditional kimchi recipe"

how to make the best kimchi (secret recipe) dont tell nana

ps did i mentiopn the dogs.. give them a voice over, turn them into characters?

PPS. trim the video down to 3 -5 mins. people want fast food

keep working
all the best

T-LAG x

Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/lJo4i1nEufQ

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/45040/

LibertyLinks

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
nbgrooms.com
Subscriber Goal
I like what I see on your channel, in that you kind of make your two dogs the focus.. Maybe a channel trailer with them romping in the woods along with happy music. Overall, some interesting ideas.

Sir Palepaw

Heya! I took a look at your video and itΓÇÖs pretty well put together structurally for the most part. The instructions were put out clear enough to understand and the editing was decent (could still use a little polish in terms of timing cuts correctly), and the video quality is quite nice! I do have a few things IΓÇÖd like to pick apart, though.

IΓÇÖd like to talk about your audio. The music changing volume randomly was very off putting and really throws a wrench into the overall quality. But thatΓÇÖs not nearly as important as the fact that your voice was not very easy to make out. Amongst the background noise and music, trying to hear what you were saying felt like trying to hear a whisper during a thunderstorm, and that is definitely not something you want when you are making a cooking tutorial. I would suggest either using audacity since itΓÇÖs a pretty good audio software. Alternatively, you could also add subtitles so viewers can understand what youΓÇÖre saying better it get a microphone thatΓÇÖs better at cutting out background noise. (Honestly though, I donΓÇÖt think itΓÇÖs the music and noise that needs to be turned down, but your voice that needs to be amped up.)

I wanna keep this short so other people can add their reviews as well, so IΓÇÖll end it off here. Hope my advice is helpful to you! (PS; You should tell the viewer to wash their hands or use clean gloves before they start cooking. Even if they already know, itΓÇÖs always nice to have a reminder.)

The Boozebuddy

TubeBuddy User
boozebuddyupdate.com
Subscriber Goal
I like the video - as other have said, there could be some minor editing tweaks, but it was very watchable. Theaudio was what stuck out for me, as other have mentioned. Your voice is close to sounding monotine at times and it sounds like you're doing a voice over. If you're reading from a script - throw some emoji's in there to show some different energies and emphasis on different things - like the 'meh' emoji for 'don't foget the blades' in the food processor, something spicy to mention the hot pepper flakes. Have fun with it and realize there's very little chance of you sounding like you're way over the top. I look forward to checking out more.