• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered search ranking really works? i dont think so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcariboni

hi guys, i have an issue with search ranking.

for ex, when i search the keyword "pescaria" , my search ranking says : 3rd place.
them i go to youtube and search the keyword, its accurate, my video is 3rd place. NICE. well done.

BUT when i do a anonymous search in youtube, without my cache and cookies, and put my keyword "pescaria", my video dont shows up in 3rd place.or any position.

so, my position is fake, cause only me can see!!! and the rest of the world canot see my video in 3rd place. or any position.

how i fix it?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

for ex, when i search the keyword "pescaria" , my search ranking says : 3rd place.
them i go to youtube and search the keyword, its accurate, my video is 3rd place. NICE. well done.

BUT when i do a anonymous search in youtube, without my cache and cookies, and put my keyword "pescaria", my video dont shows up in 3rd place.or any position.

so, my position is fake, cause only me can see!!! and the rest of the world canot see my video in 3rd place. or any position.

how i fix it?
For starters, if you are checking this search ranking at any point in the first 14 days I would take any of that information with a grain of salt.

YouTube gives a boost to new videos, they want to provide fresh new videos for viewers. But if your video doesn't perform as well as those which already rank in search then as that boost disappears so does your rank.

When it is being boosted not even YouTube can tell you what your rank is. It changes with every view, every like, every impression that you get as well as every view, like and impression that goes to the videos you are competing against. So your rankings in the first 14 days are so volatile we can only show you a glimpse into where you are ranking at any given time.

After 14 days things will settle down and we can provide a better idea of where you stand. Do your anonymous search test again then and you will see the results that fall much more in line with where you stand.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I saw a popular YouTuber with #hashtags in the description. Does it make any difference adding them?
I am NOT a fan of hashtags. Not many people search them... which makes them more of an exit away for your video than a means of discovery.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal

how i fix it?
For starters, if you are checking this search ranking at any point in the first 14 days I would take any of that information with a grain of salt.

YouTube gives a boost to new videos, they want to provide fresh new videos for viewers. But if your video doesn't perform as well as those which already rank in search then as that boost disappears so does your rank.

When it is being boosted not even YouTube can tell you what your rank is. It changes with every view, every like, every impression that you get as well as every view, like and impression that goes to the videos you are competing against. So your rankings in the first 14 days are so volatile we can only show you a glimpse into where you are ranking at any given time.

After 14 days things will settle down and we can provide a better idea of where you stand. Do your anonymous search test again then and you will see the results that fall much more in line with where you stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.