• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Has anyone gained a massive amount of subscribers from your YouTube shorts videos, but they don't watch your full videos when you upload new content.

Darrenowain

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hi all, I've noticed for the last few months I've gained a massive amount of subscribers as a result of YouTube short videos, but unfortunately they don't watch any of the new, longer content I upload, have anyone else noticed this happening to them.

• Love
Reactions: rohan72 and Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have seen this happen many times. This is basically the reason so many creators have taken the path of starting an entirely new channel specifically for their shorts videos.

I don't agree with the people who do that... unless your content is specific to doing short, Tik Tok style videos I dont see why you spin-off a channel for content that doesn't help you. Rather, I would encourage you to strategize a plan for your Shorts videos so that they fall more in line with what a viewer can expect from your long form content. That way when they subscribe the change up for your regular content is not as much of a shock.

That having been said you gotta be realistic about the mindset of the viewers behind Shorts viewing. They aren't here to watch long videos, and they may simply not enjoy long form content.

OP
OP
Darrenowain

Darrenowain

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Thanks, it probably gives you a false sense of having a good following on YouTube, but in reality you haven't.

Reactions: Damon

TheShihTzuFamily

Recognized Member
YouTube came out with a video explain this if you post short video viewer who watch your short video will only be recommended your short video and same goes with the long video

EscapingTheBubble

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No, honestly I stopped doing shorts because I didn't like how it was messing up the look of my page. Also, it wasn't converting to subscribers for my niche.

Reactions: Darrenowain

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi all, I've noticed for the last few months I've gained a massive amount of subscribers as a result of YouTube short videos, but unfortunately they don't watch any of the new, longer content I upload, have anyone else noticed this happening to them.

I've seen experienced Ytubers who use shorts to help spike their subscriber numbers. Strategically speaking, there are many people like me who have not yet hit their 4,000 hours and 1,000 subscribers. My view hours is doing better than my subscriber numbers. I could see myself strategically using shorts to push myself over the finish line even if they don't watch any long-form content. For me, getting to the 4,000 hours is more important than hitting 1,000 subscribers. If people are watching my videos, then it is a matter of time that subscribers come along as well. (At least that is my working premise.)

I think doing shorts is about setting the correct expectations. I am like almost everyone here, I am not a big fan of short-form videos. At the same time, I don't want to close myself to the possible future benefits.

I've had my hands full with long form content to spend too much time thinking about creating shorts.