• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help First 2 videos posted were copyright striked

Ken @ Merfyfel

My first 2 videos have been copyright striked. I don't understand why I used Mircosofts one drive editing and the music is on their free list to use. I have Googled it and see where it has happened to many that used the same thing. Iam a paid memebr of TubeBuddy I am completly new to all of this and only staarted my channel for helping me with my medical disorders. I think Youtube is striking me for no reason. I find it had to believe Mircosoft would have illeagl coptright music.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
You may want to look at the license agreement with OneDrive. You may have permission to use the music for personal use - not monetization.

My editing software has lots of included music, but not for monetization purposes. I did not get a strike, but a 'share the money' claim. I gave up on all music services except YouTube Studio music. Tons of options, free to use & monetize, and in my vids I rarely use music as it tends to get in the way.

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
You may want to look at the license agreement with OneDrive. You may have permission to use the music for personal use - not monetization.

My editing software has lots of included music, but not for monetization purposes. I did not get a strike, but a 'share the money' claim. I gave up on all music services except YouTube Studio music. Tons of options, free to use & monetize, and in my vids I rarely use music as it tends to get in the way.

I know what you mean. I purchased a music creating program that uses loops and beats from a website that sells them and I fear using the music because I already tested some of the beats and loops with Shazam and it actually matched it to songs on Youtube from ppl who created songs with those beats.

Reactions: Denzky motovlog

Planet Quiz

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
If there is music, it's better to use music on YouTube because it's free and free to use

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
If I have questions about getting a copyright strike of an asset I am using, what I have done is upload some trial content on an inactive channel to see if it gets tagged.

I know people are referring to music whereas my application was using a snippet of movie content but I think the principle is the same.

Of course, even if you do a test, there is no guarantee you won't get tagged for a copyright issue but "testing" the music or clip is an easy worthwhile exercise before investing too much time on a particular piece of music, clip, etc.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Of course, even if you do a test, there is no guarantee you won't get tagged for a copyright issue but "testing" the music or clip is an easy worthwhile exercise before investing too much time on a particular piece of music, clip, etc.
That is not a bad idea, but unfortunately can still backfire. I had some vids using music from a free service - 2 years later they got tagged for copyright! I unlisted them, re-edited with YT music and uploaded new ones (glad I keep good backups). That was when I gave up on all music services and just went with YT music.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Well, your post just convinced me that I don't necessarily need to be in a rush to incorporate background music from unpaid sources other than very safe places such as YT music and the standard music included with video editors.

I was already on the fence about background music issues but getting copyright strikes over it is not something I would like at all.

I would not want to lose all that traffic and stats from a video that has been around for a couple years.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That is not a bad idea, but unfortunately can still backfire. I had some vids using music from a free service - 2 years later they got tagged for copyright! I unlisted them, re-edited with YT music and uploaded new ones (glad I keep good backups). That was when I gave up on all music services and just went with YT music.

I had the same problem. I started composing all my own music.