• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

What are the basic approach to become successful in creating a channel?

Aeycie

Subscriber Goal
I started to have a serious video upload last september and i admitted it was so awkward and not that 100% confident in front of camera. I dont have the tools for great output as well as for video editting. I dont plan the right start and thats for sure if you visit my channel but thats how i see the best of me :p.
Hope you can help me and find the right tool (great deals) to improve my channel. See you around. Keep safe everyone

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First things first. There are 3 things you have to accept as a YouTuber in order to have a successful channel. Patience, consistency and a willingness to change.

Patience is, above all else, the single most necessary thing any creator needs. You have to accept the fact that becoming a content creator is not a game of tick tack toe you can win quickly. It takes time to grow a channel. It takes time for the YouTube algorithm to analyze your channel, tag your content and share it to the viewers most interested in that content. Remember, you are competing not only against the millions of videos uploaded daily, but you're also competing against videos in your genre, from creators who've already been doing this before you, some far longer and more successfully. So don't expect overnight success. Take this time to learn how to understand the analytics, how to improve your videos with each upload, to test new ideas and concept. Test, test and test some more until you find a formula that works for your content, one that attracts viewers.

Follow that up with consistency. You wanna make sure that your audience knows you got more coming. Pick a schedule. Will upload once a month, every two weeks, weekly, daily. Will you upload on Mondays, Fridays. Morning, evening. Use your analytics to figure out when are your videos being watched the most and adjust your schedule to maximize your views. Maybe your content is most watched on Friday mornings, then you schedule your uploads for that day in the morning. Another trick to ensure consistency is maintain is to create multiple videos at the same time. For example, if you were to make 1 video a week then don't make a video this week you plan on uploading next week. Make 2 videos this week so you can upload 1 next week, and the second one for the following week. And during that week you make 2 more. That way you'll always have a few videos ready just in case there's a week you can create content for whatever reason and this also helps to have content during vacation time which as a Youtuber you should always take because whether you are being paid or not being a content creator is a job and time off is necessary to avoid burnouts. Another trick is to create backup content. Content that is maybe less detailed and long as your usual content but good enough to be a filler for weeks you can't unload either because you didn't get to make more than 1 video or you couldn't come up with an idea at the time. For example, if you're a tech enthusiast who makes videos on the latest smartphone or computer hardware then you can have a few smaller videos from things like a dollar store phone case worth buying or a free program that will be useful for any PC user.

Now, I know most content creators want to upload a specific type of video . They want to make content they like. What you also need to accept is that you may not be able to do exactly what you want since the goal is to get people to watch and that will only happen if you give them what they want. That means you may have to change your content as you go in order to adjust to what your viewers are looking for. Be prepared to change a lot because we don't know what viewers want until they tell us what they want and that is usually reflected in your analytics. Where are your viewers dropping off in your videos, how long are they watching, what are they saying in the comments, who's watching, where are they watching from, what time are they watching. All this has to be taken into account in order to improve your channel and hope it grows. Trust me when I say your channel will not look like the channel you started off with and will likely not be what you were expecting to make it into. Change is nature and this applies to YouTube. YouTube changes all the time thus you have to learn to adapt and change with it to stay on top of the game.

I hope this info helps.

OP
OP
Aeycie

Aeycie

Subscriber Goal
Yeah even im busy at work i make sure i upload my ordinary videos 1x/week and more on shorts every other day or daily related and not related to my topic. I also doing scheduled shorts and videos so i can rest and less stress for me.. i also doing my own video editing. After work i try to sort my video clips and find good content to it and sometimes redo but itis really difficult to redo, believe me. Ifyou notice my videos have these different tone in between bcoz of additional recordings to insert to compliment with that part of video