• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Hit with a Spam violation during a Christian Stream twice in a row? Come on thatΓÇÖs crazy.

JTM MINISTRIES

TubeBuddy User
www.thepreacherscorner.net
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm confused on how I am hit with spam violations to interrupt our live reaction stream to preaching twice! The video we used has 600k plus views on YouTube. We practiced fair use. IΓÇÖm guessing it was someone who was doing that out of spite to report us. WeΓÇÖve been making those type of videos from day 1. And nothings been considered spam or anything else that falls into that category. Luckily I was streaming to another platform and was able to save it. IΓÇÖm not going to upload it. But am hesitant in continuing on YouTube. Any suggestions?

Reactions: Meds

Meds

IΓÇÖm confused on how I am hit with spam violations to interrupt our live reaction stream to preaching twice! The video we used has 600k plus views on YouTube. We practiced fair use. IΓÇÖm guessing it was someone who was doing that out of spite to report us. WeΓÇÖve been making those type of videos from day 1. And nothings been considered spam or anything else that falls into that category. Luckily I was streaming to another platform and was able to save it. IΓÇÖm not going to upload it. But am hesitant in continuing on YouTube. Any suggestions?
that's terrible!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm afraid I have to agree with Craig Payne. This is beyond Fair Use. Although the definition of Fair Use can be vague, if you ask yourself these basic questions, you are probably within Fair Use rights:
  1. Are you quoting only a few lines from a book, sermon, lecture, song, etc as part of your overall lesson?
  2. Are you only summarizing an article from Christian magazine, book, sermon, conference, etc as but a portion of your content?
  3. Are you copying only a few paragraphs from a news article to use in teaching?
  4. Are you only using a portion of some one else's sermon or video, and have you only have used it as related content?
By the above questions, you've gone far beyond Fair Use given the way you've structured your content. Trust me, as a man of God myself, I wouldn't lie to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meds
OP
OP
JTM MINISTRIES

JTM MINISTRIES

TubeBuddy User
www.thepreacherscorner.net
Subscriber Goal
I'm afraid I have to agree with Craig Payne. This is beyond Fair Use. Although the definition of Fair Use can be vague, if you ask yourself these basic questions, you are probably within Fair Use rights:
  1. Are you quoting only a few lines from a book, sermon, lecture, song, etc as part of your overall lesson?
  2. Are you only summarizing an article from Christian magazine, book, sermon, conference, etc as but a portion of your content?
  3. Are you copying only a few paragraphs from a news article to use in teaching?
  4. Are you only using a portion of some one else's sermon or video and only have used as related content?
By the above questions, you've gone far beyond Fair Use given the way you've structured your content. Trust me, as a man of God myself, I wouldn't lie to you.
Thanks guys should we trash them all and start over?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
FYI Fair Use is only something that you can use as a means of defending yourself against a claim like this... in court. YouTube doesn't judge on Fair Use, Federal Law does. YouTube allows a claim and they also allow you to appeal. If they have to decide between you and the person who gave the claim/strike whatever then they may consider fair use... but that's doubtful. If/when they decide against you in this appeal that is when you can take it to court with Fair Use being your argument.

But I do suggest being actually up to date with what Fair Use actually covers.