• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How do I get more views on #Shorts

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Shorts are all about shelf discovery. When you make them you need to aim for 400% retention... so you want to create something that compels the audience to click on it and watch it several times plus share it with their friends. These are critical elements in the success of a Shorts video.

Scott C

Shorts are all about shelf discovery. When you make them you need to aim for 400% retention... so you want to create something that compels the audience to click on it and watch it several times plus share it with their friends. These are critical elements in the success of a Shorts video.
I have noticed my shorts are not getting on the shorts feed for the past two weeks and today I noticed that the analytic for the shorts feed has disappeared from my analytics, even for videos that did well on the shorts feed in the past.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I have noticed my shorts are not getting on the shorts feed for the past two weeks and today I noticed that the analytic for the shorts feed has disappeared from my analytics, even for videos that did well on the shorts feed in the past.
I don't know much about the Shorts algorithm... but I have seen evidence that taking a break from Shorts for a week or two can at times 're-invigorate' YT putting you on the shelf. Afraid I don't have hard data... that algorithm is wonky. But it's something I would (and have) tried.

Scott C

I don't know much about the Shorts algorithm... but I have seen evidence that taking a break from Shorts for a week or two can at times 're-invigorate' YT putting you on the shelf. Afraid I don't have hard data... that algorithm is wonky. But it's something I would (and have) tried.
That sounds reasonable, but I don't know why my shorts analytics disappeared.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That sounds reasonable, but I don't know why my shorts analytics disappeared.
Yeah that I do not know the first thing about... afraid that may be a question for YouTube support.

emily23

Air Creators Ecosystem in their blog recently published an article YouTube Shorts: YOLO HOUSE Success Story. There, using the example of their partners, they show how it is right and how much you can earn with the help of shorts. Highly recommended for motiivation.