• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips How to reduce video editing time?

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I spend days upon days, editing one video and post it. It hurts the frequency of my uploading schedule. I post vlogs and lifestyle videos 8-10 mins. I need to reduce video editing time. Are there any advices?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How many hours of video are you recording for each video on average?

Reactions: Cheche004

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What's the time-consuming part of the editing? Is it the creative part where you create the story and are finding the red line? Is it because the footage lags, during playback, due to lack of computer power? Or is it when you export the video?

You can use proxies to remove the lag during playing while editing.
If your problem is because the export takes a lot of time, you can try with more RAM in your computer or to reduce the size of the footage from 4K to 1080 (HD). If using Premiere Pro (that's the editing software I've experience in using) it's also possible to change the settings, so you decrease the quality of the rendered footage and thereby the time it takes to export it.

Does that answer your question?

OP
OP
Cheche004

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
What's the time-consuming part of the editing? Is it the creative part where you create the story and are finding the red line? Is it because the footage lags, during playback, due to lack of computer power? Or is it when you export the video?

You can use proxies to remove the lag during playing while editing.
If your problem is because the export takes a lot of time, you can try with more RAM in your computer or to reduce the size of the footage from 4K to 1080 (HD). If using Premiere Pro (that's the editing software I've experience in using) it's also possible to change the settings, so you decrease the quality of the rendered footage and thereby the time it takes to export it.

Does that answer your question?
Hey,
Rough cutting take hours, and when it comes to creative editing it takes hours too.But I enjoy tht process. Rough cutting drains all my energy. Due to footage lags I dont edit on laptop anymore. I edit on my phone.

Dimi

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hey,
Rough cutting take hours, and when it comes to creative editing it takes hours too.But I enjoy tht process. Rough cutting drains all my energy. Due to footage lags I dont edit on laptop anymore. I edit on my phone.

Try using proxies on your computer, it can make a huge difference on lagging footage.
Of course, the more you edit, the better and faster you'll become. We all know that, but maybe you're not enjoying the editing process. We all have something we don't like about being content creators. If you're in a financial situation to do so, you could pay someone to edit your videos and instead focus on creating content AND on building income streams, that in the long run, will be able to cover the expenses of the editor.

If it isn't possible to get an editor to help you right now, you could take a job/an extra job and use that money to pay for an editor. That way you remove yourself from the process that gives you negative vibes.