• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Tags

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
YouTube now says tags are of less value than they used to be. The new Studio has moved tags down to a pull down (default closed) at the bottom of the upload page. I have my standard channel tags that are part of my upload default, and I quit adding video specific tags about a month ago. So far I see no change one way or the other. I do not know if anyone has done any serious testing to see if they matter like they used to.

Reactions: Damon

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
Decide on the content you are creating and let TubeBuddy be of your assistant on getting higer ranking tags for your videos.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YouTube now says tags are of less value than they used to be. The new Studio has moved tags down to a pull down (default closed) at the bottom of the upload page. I have my standard channel tags that are part of my upload default, and I quit adding video specific tags about a month ago. So far I see no change one way or the other. I do not know if anyone has done any serious testing to see if they matter like they used to.
The actually tags are the least valuable portion of the meta-data (though still offer some significance). But that doesn't mean the tags listed in the Title and Description aren't valuable... whether or not those keywords are listed in the actual tags of the video or not.

josecarrm

How do I write tags on my title and description

How to write meta tags, titles, and descriptions.
  1. Draft title tag copy that is unique, descriptive, and compelling.
  2. Write for humans, not search engines.
  3. Include the page's focus keyword at the front of the copy and your brand at the end.
  4. Keep title tags under 60 characters if possible.

These tips point you in the right direction.
  1. Use no more than 155 characters. ...
  2. Use keywords you want to score with for that page. ...
  3. Don't create false expectations. ...
  4. Tell the user what to expect. ...
  5. Think about your target audience. ...
  6. Write properly. ...
  7. To the point. ...
  8. Don't just repeat the page title.

Last edited: