• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered How long will it take a new video to rank in YT search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruwan

Hi,
I am one year old to Youtube and new to TubeBuddy.So pls help me to solve my issues.

1.After I upload a new video ,how long YT take time to rank it.
2.I used tubebuddy to add tags.After adding tags,for few days its shows green points..but after few days green points gone? so whats the issue?
3.Some times according to Tubebuddy green points my video shows top in search rankings.. but when I search it from another computer with diffrent IP my video is not rank in youtube search. why its happening
4.changing Title/thumbinal and tags after uploading a video (after a week) is it against to youtube algorithm? how long will take to be normal..
Thanks
Ruwan

Reactions: Meds

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
YouTube has a series of Search-Visibility tiers that videos go through when they are first published. As such, there is no telling when your video could rank. Because YouTube favors new, fresh content you will typically rank higher than normal in your first few days and these ranks tend to drop. However there are tiers at 30 days, 90 days and 120 days which change up the audience YouTube is serving your video to. It is not uncommon to see a video go dormant from the 14 day to the 120 day mark only to have it finally grab the right audience. Because of this system I would advise against changing up the title/description in the first 30 days unless it is really performing in one way (like watch time) and the CTR is just pitiful.

Also worth noting; the search rankings are so wild in the first 14 days that YouTube can't even tell where your video is ranking... it bounces DRASTICALLY with every single view and impression that you AND the videos you are competing against get. As such you can only be provided with a glimpse into the average rank at any given time. This is likely why you are seeing different results when you look on a different computer.

Reactions: Meds

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is hard to tell when it will be promoted. My videos show on Shorts feed and youtube recommendation after 4-6 hours. I'm only at my first month and still a newbie. Someone out there may give us a more in-depth explanation.

Reactions: ruwan
Status
Not open for further replies.