• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice Consistent or Quality uploads

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Some says upload consistently on a given period like 2x a week, however, as I'm into music industry, 2x a week is difficult to do since study and editing is part of my preparation. Is it ok to sacrifice quality and focus on "2x a week uploads or once a week but giving importance to quality?

My selected niche requires a lot of effort but i love doing it. Or, shall i change to something easier?

Reactions: Damon

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost... do what you can. Many channels post twice a month and do just fine (Dude Perfect, Lucas the Spider, Odds1sOut). Conversely many channels post multiple videos per day and fail.

You always want to provide the best quality available within reason. If you are going to optimize your videos for search and you want them to perform well for years on end it is worth the effort to give the best product possible. Be consistent... but consistent doesn't have to mean daily or even weekly. If you set the precedent that you are going to post on the 1st and the 15th of the month you can still succeed with that if you are providing a solid, quality product.

Reactions: Dexter Benin
OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
For you quality will be the proper approach. I write all the music for my YouTube videos as well. Two videos per week is simply not possible for an art-minded channel.
Thanks bro, i'll take your advice and yes 2x a week for us is tough especially when we have other things to do in priority.

Reactions: Damon
OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
First and foremost... do what you can. Many channels post twice a month and do just fine (Dude Perfect, Lucas the Spider, Odds1sOut). Conversely many channels post multiple videos per day and fail.

You always want to provide the best quality available within reason. If you are going to optimize your videos for search and you want them to perform well for years on end it is worth the effort to give the best product possible. Be consistent... but consistent doesn't have to mean daily or even weekly. If you set the precedent that you are going to post on the 1st and the 15th of the month you can still succeed with that if you are providing a solid, quality product.
Thanks for sharing. So i learn to focus on the quality i produced.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
This is not an either/or situation. You are trying to find the right balance. In my view, someone can put so much time and "quality" into one video that a channel will have so few videos because time is a limiting factor. I tend to view "quality" as subjective and you grade it as "A", "B", "C", etc.

Some people always want to score an "A". But if you remember in school, 90% was also an "A" (excellent). Hence, you don't need "perfection" to put out A-quality videos.

If you want to be put a "B" quality video. In school, a "B" was 80%-89% (very good), so you have some play there.

I think that many people will agree that audio quality is very important when it comes to music. If the audio is great, people will forgive some of the visual elements. I play music that SOUNDS GOOD regardless of what happens onscreen. If the audio music SOUNDS very good, I would even take a blank screen if I had to.

I tend to think that people who tend to live in the 95%-100% quality will have a tough time growing their channel. OF COURSE, on Youtube there are always exceptions that can be found. Having said that, there are people who do quite well by posting 1 video per week.

Reactions: Dexter Benin
OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
This is not an either/or situation. You are trying to find the right balance. In my view, someone can put so much time and "quality" into one video that a channel will have so few videos because time is a limiting factor. I tend to view "quality" as subjective and you grade it as "A", "B", "C", etc.

Some people always want to score an "A". But if you remember in school, 90% was also an "A" (excellent). Hence, you don't need "perfection" to put out A-quality videos.

If you want to be put a "B" quality video. In school, a "B" was 80%-89% (very good), so you have some play there.

I think that many people will agree that audio quality is very important when it comes to music. If the audio is great, people will forgive some of the visual elements. I play music that SOUNDS GOOD regardless of what happens onscreen. If the audio music SOUNDS very good, I would even take a blank screen if I had to.

I tend to think that people who tend to live in the 95%-100% quality will have a tough time growing their channel. OF COURSE, on Youtube there are always exceptions that can be found. Having said that, there are people who do quite well by posting 1 video per week.
Thanks for the smart analysis and yes you are right, I was trying to find the perfect balance that I can be consistent and keeping my content quality. I'm ok with "better" quality, anyways I can't achieve the "best" since I'm not a professional musician.

OP
OP
D

Dexter Benin

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
the twice per week rule depend on content ! you don't have to go 2 vids per week as long you share something your community like and they expect you to share it it will be great deal !
Actually, it is not a rule to do twice a week but I was just trying what most are telling. I'm trying some formula how to improve and all your advice are very helpful and I appreciate it very much.

Reactions: MRAITVLOGS