• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Help what should i say in my rationale if my reaction video is blocked for dispute?

SethIrskens9328

I recently did a dear Evan Hansen final trailer reaction video but as soon it was uploaded it got blocked by NBC Universal. So for disputing fair use what's the best way to say in my rationale to get the claim released

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Ok, so this is something that you are going to have to get used to. This is going to happen a lot when your channel is contingent on other people's property.

You need to be up-to-speed with Fair Use. You need to know which portions of it you fall under because that is what you are going to say when you go to request the claim be released. I suggest watching a lot of Ian Corzine videos on the topic; he knows his stuff.

But that is not going to resolve this. You are making an appeal and they may even release it. But they don't have to. They can still claim that it is their property and they can deny your appeal. If they do you may be issued a Strike. YouTube does not weigh in on the matter; this decision is entirely up to the claimant and if the strike is issued and/or the claim is not upheld then you will need to take NBC to court. That is where they decide whether this is actually a proper example of Fair Use or not. If you win that court case you can take that back to YouTube and they will resolve the strike/claim.

Reactions: BraveStar