• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Low Energy, Burn-out, Lulled?

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Anyone else feeling a certain tiredness, dip in energy, lulling, just not all that interested in producing content? For me This year has been much harder than last year. I don't know about you, but I'm just a different person today than when I just the channel seven years ago. You even hear guy like Roberto Blake on Twitter talking about not known if they have the energy to output three videos a week for very long.

My heart has turned back to music. This past year I bought a modular synthesizer, and produced four albums. I have two more ready for release right now. Plan to start my own music library for YouTubers. Anyway, here's the machine:

vlcsnap-2021-08-10-17h46m16s058.png

I've always said I want my fishing adventures to be true documentary films. Thinking of cutting way back and just producing one video a month as a true documentary film, a short film, but a documentary nonetheless.

We're all going to have to look long term, take breaks when needed, change forms when needed. So, my question for those of you who have been doing this a long time, what do you do when you're feeling drained?

Last edited:

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Very nice. I was just responding to a post asking about websites with copyright free music for creators and I suggested streambeats which was created by a Youtuber for streamers and YouTubers.

• Wow
Reactions: Damon

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Anyone else feeling a certain tiredness, dip in energy, lulling, just not all that interested in producing content? For me This year has been much harder than last year. I don't know about you, but I'm just a different person today than when I just the channel seven years ago. You even hear guy like Roberto Blake on Twitter talking about not known if they have the energy to output three videos a week for very long.

I've always said I want my fishing adventures to be true documentary films. Thinking of cutting way back and just producing one video a month as a true documentary film, a short film, but a documentary nonetheless.

We're all going to have to look long term, take breaks when needed, change forms when needed. So, my question for those of you who have been doing this a long time, what do you do when you're feeling drained?

No one knows your channel or you better than you. But my question to you is that WHY does it have to be a documentary film format? That strikes me as something you imposed on yourself and you seem to be hard on yourself. Why can't you have some short, fun videos "just because" and experiment with that?

And since you are 3-dimensional person with over 10K followers, I think your subscribers would not mind if you went "off the trail" and uploaded an experimental musical video "just because you felt like it". I don't think your subscribers will flee if you occasionally indulge something else.

You already have a successful channel. Maybe upload a few fun music videos and see what your audience thinks before embarking on a whole new channel starting from zero?

Peter McKinnon is a Youtuber who does some crazy "off the trail" stuff but he still has a ton of followers. I've seen many Youtubers who go "off the range" but retain their following.

I think maybe you should consider going back to do something "fun" to indulge yourself for a little while.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Anyone else feeling a certain tiredness, dip in energy, lulling, just not all that interested in producing content? What do you do when you're feeling drained?

I take like a 3-8 months break each year. Since it's a hobby and not a job for me that's ok. Just like all of my other hobby's interest and passion go up and down and I mostly focus on the things I have the most fun with right now and if I'm not feeling YouTube right now I give it a break.
I have actually been taking some distances courses at the University besides working full time this year and that take both time and energy.

But I know I'll get back into it at it in November since that's the start of the busiest period for my channels main topic.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, for me this is my lively hood.

That is all the more reason you allow yourself to make it fun and interesting for yourself or your livelihood project may start diminishing out of sheer burnout. Maybe create a video and explain to your audience you want to try to mix it up and experiment occasionally but you will still continue to deliver what they are used to. Then go post some of the fun music videos you been aching to do. Who knows? They might enjoy your music videos too!

I come from the school of thought you want loyal subscribers who will stick with you, not those that will drop off the second you do something different.

Last edited:

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh man I feel your pain sir. It has definitely been the most difficult year I have been through... honestly I find a lot of reassurance in your post. Like I'm not the only one going through it. Would like to settle into doing some music myself; haven't had time but man I have a strong desire to do so. Maybe one of these days you and I can go play a show together at some dive bar #Dreams lol

• Love

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Yeah, for me this is my lively hood.

That's a tougher situation but I belive that you need to change things up every now and then when it comes to work to keep things fresh or interesting. That is a reason to why people change job, apply for new positions and roles in the same company etc. Hopefully you can find ways to change things up without not beaning able to bring food on the table. Maybe your shop will continue to do decently even with less YouTube content for some time since you spent many years building your brand and have regulars that pop in every now and then to buy something?