• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review Insert compelling title here xD.....Please help me take my content to the next level

CommanderPanda

User name: CommanderPanda
Title of thread: Insert compelling title here xD.....Please help me take my content to the next level
Self review: Hey all. Can you some of you with experience please take a look over my channel and tell me where/what to improve that will be the most effective? I've been uploading videos consistently since March of this year and have seen a little bit of growth. I'm still struggling to nail down a niche, although I think I may have found one with game settings guides. A few months ago I learnt some basic photo editing and really tried to improve my thumbnails. This has somewhat worked, as I've seen an increase in CTR. I've had a few videos that have done well for a channel of my size. I'm trying to replicate that in newer videos but they're not gaining the same traction. Any advice at all is VERY welcome :)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/commanderpanda
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43984/#post-141077

OP
OP
CommanderPanda

CommanderPanda

First up, I would recommend making a channel trailer or putting one of your better videos as a channel trailer. This will help others figure out what your channel is about at a quick glance.

Scrolling through your videos, some of them are hard to tell what they are. Most of those are the shorts, so thats a little different. I don't know if you can set the thumbnail (or whatever the shorts equivalent is), but if you can, I would recommend doing so.

Maybe fill out your channel's description a bit more?
Thanks very much for the reply :) I'm going to make a channel intro very soon, I've been thinking about it for a while to be honest. It's a great suggestion!

You can indeed set a thumbnail for YT shorts - I'll begin making them for my shorts - I'm not sure if mobile users will see them though?

Cheche004

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you are doing well. Keep on multiplying the trending content and remember YouTube is not overnight success, you need to be consistent with the right content. Try to go for unique thumbnail style and unique colors just for your channel. Black and dark shades seems ordinary to me. Go for a better eye catching banner. You will grow fast. Good luck.

User name: CommanderPanda
Title of thread: Insert compelling title here xD.....Please help me take my content to the next level
Self review: Hey all. Can you some of you with experience please take a look over my channel and tell me where/what to improve that will be the most effective? I've been uploading videos consistently since March of this year and have seen a little bit of growth. I'm still struggling to nail down a niche, although I think I may have found one with game settings guides. A few months ago I learnt some basic photo editing and really tried to improve my thumbnails. This has somewhat worked, as I've seen an increase in CTR. I've had a few videos that have done well for a channel of my size. I'm trying to replicate that in newer videos but they're not gaining the same traction. Any advice at all is VERY welcome :)
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/commanderpanda
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/43984/#post-141077

AnnysKoreanLife

Known Member
Subscriber Goal
Wow! The excellent channel you got there! I was amazed by all the thumbnails. You make your fonts clear, easy to read, and the best thing is that you clearly show the logo of a game you play. They will hold the audience's eyes and make them read your title.

I also liked your intro. Looks fancy and professional. It will surely add some credibility to what you say. I think it is crucial for the channel you have because you give the INFORMATION.

Tags also seem to be well managed.

Titles? I think I need some advice from you. For me, you really focus on your niche and find where they feel itchy. Using the capitals to emphasize, top [N] ranking, keywords... All seems very good and hard work.

The best thing that I enjoyed about your channel was that you are also enthusiastic about the content you make.
You cannot make someone to like it, when you don't like it :)

You may be thinking, 'cut all the flatters and get to the point', so here we go :

(1) Never fight with your audience
I saw one of your video and found out that there are 3 dislikes. On the 463 views video, that can be critical. Especially if the 'dislike' is from the people who mostly finished your video. Of course, there are people who will give 'dislike' even an angel from heaven comes to earth and make a video. They will be like 'FAKEEEEE!!!'

But think this out.. You don't put your effort to press the 'dislike' button well unless it somehow made you feel REALLY bad. You will just hit the back button. 'Disliking the video' and 'Hitting the dislike button' is 2 separate thing. That's the reason why never fight with replies. You have to accept some people will just don't like your video and giving you a mean reply. You can ignore or erase them, but you should never give a bad reaction that will be led to a fight. And these are not like chats that vanish...

It is not for them, but your own sake. It will give a bad effect on the algorithm. If it is just a few videos, it might be okay. But you made a nemesis who subscribe to your channel and every time when you upload the video, they make a mean reply and hitting the dislike button... It will be a nightmare for you.

Bring out your inner Buddha and just make everything flow :)

(2) Voice Improvement
I will say it clear before we start. You have a nice voice. Your pronunciation is so good that automatically-generated subtitles can almost 95% catch what you say. No need to spend another hour to make the subtitle for SEO. If you come to our channel, our audio is terrible and a subtitle is necessary. We not only make English but Malay and Korean too. It's really a time-consuming job. So great work with it!

But I think you can pull out all the potential of your microphone. I see that you are using 'HyperX Quadcast'. In the specs, it seems like you have a high-level detailed option. I believe if you can adjust the sensitivity higher, and be more focused on your lower voice will be nice. You can also add a condenser effect to your editing software too. (ex. Premiere Pro : [effects] > [audio effects] > [multi-band compressor] )

Remember: You have ATTRACTIVE VOICE!!!

(3) Intro

I see that you make a creative intro with your videos. I think they are awesome and eye-catching. You also say your channel name clearly from the start so people don't get confused. But I think it will be better if you also introduce 'who is this?' Just saying 'This is Commander Panda' can be enough. It can be seen as a repetition, but even for the new people to clearly understand who is talking, I think it will be nice if you introduce your name after mentioning the channel. To bring more focus and to get more closer to your audience, briefly showing your face will be a good option too. Like [fade/blur-in] > [game footage] > [your face] > [intro]

(4) Others
- When you make a ranking video, I think it will be nice if there are numbers from top to button. It's simple but make your audience keep watching your video till the end.
- Small emphasis, like zoom-in/out & signal sound & marking, when you are explaining something on the screen. To let your audience be less tired, and for the smartphone users.
- Lightning. A darker background/brighter face will be nice. Of course, I see a lot better after your new settings. Also, there's major screen reflection on your glasses. Someday, you will need to find a way to get it removed. (Wearing glasses here too lol)

Other than that, I really enjoyed reviewing your channel and learned a lot! Don't be sad if I didn't mention other details like cards, chapters, title tags, etc. I truly believe your channel will grow really big in the upcoming days. I will look forward to it!

Thank you~!