• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Youtube Monetize

EM ART TV

Hello, to be monetize, is it need to achieve 1000 subscriber in one year duration or its also valid if someone only can achieve about 2 or 3 years ? for 4000 watch hour I already understand it need in one year duration. Thank you.

Reactions: Sandy bb

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
No need to hurry, the 1000 subscribers can be over many years. My guess is that it for most channels take 1+ year to reach 1000 subs.

For my channel it took about 2.5 years I believe.

OP
OP
EM ART TV

EM ART TV

Yes...this is what I debut with my friends here, I said can take many years but they said must be in a year, so I'm in the right way

Sandy bb

Subscriber Goal
No need to hurry, the 1000 subscribers can be over many years. My guess is that it for most channels take 1+ year to reach 1000 subs.

For my channel it took about 2.5 years I believe.
Wow that was really a whole lot of years tho, 2 to 5 years?

• Love
Reactions: EM ART TV

Sandy bb

Subscriber Goal
Hello, to be monetize, is it need to achieve 1000 subscriber in one year duration or its also valid if someone only can achieve about 2 or 3 years ? for 4000 watch hour I already understand it need in one year duration.
Hello, to be monetize, is it need to achieve 1000 subscriber in one year duration or its also valid if someone only can achieve about 2 or 3 years ? for 4000 watch hour I already understand it need in one year duration. Thank you.
I also have thesame questions but with the response am seeing under this post, its depends on how consistent one is on his or her channel I guess, and the kind of Content one puts in, that can make one reach 1000 subscribers, I think

OP
OP
EM ART TV

EM ART TV

correct, but the point to monetize is achieved 1000 subscribers (depends the channel how long they will take 1,2,3 years or more, but the 4000 watch hour must be in a year only. I ask this question because many my friend said 1000 subscriber must be in a year same as watch time hours.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You need to have 1,000 subscribers (it doesn't matter how long it takes to get them) and you need to have 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months. I highly suggest aiming for the 4,000 hours of watch time. People don't pay attention to that and then when they hit 1,000 subscribers they freak out because they have the daunting task of gaining another 3,000 hours of watch time. But on the other side of the coin if you focus on the 4,000 hours this watch time will get you 1,000 subscribers if you are good at what you do.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
correct, but the point to monetize is achieved 1000 subscribers (depends the channel how long they will take 1,2,3 years or more, but the 4000 watch hour must be in a year only. I ask this question because many my friend said 1000 subscriber must be in a year same as watch time hours.
That is correct, your friend was not right about that

OP
OP
EM ART TV

EM ART TV

You need to have 1,000 subscribers (it doesn't matter how long it takes to get them) and you need to have 4,000 hours of watch time in the past 12 months. I highly suggest aiming for the 4,000 hours of watch time. People don't pay attention to that and then when they hit 1,000 subscribers they freak out because they have the daunting task of gaining another 3,000 hours of watch time. But on the other side of the coin if you focus on the 4,000 hours this watch time will get you 1,000 subscribers if you are good at what you do.
Yes, thank you very much, thank to all who replied my question you are awesome

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal

The logic here is simple. If you're about to get 4000 hours watched within 12 months, and that is one hell of a goal to reach for new channels, then you have a greater chance of reaching that 1000 subscriber goal as well.

• Love

Sandy bb

Subscriber Goal
Interesting thank you so much now I understand better

OP
OP
EM ART TV

EM ART TV

The logic here is simple. If you're about to get 4000 hours watched within 12 months, and that is one hell of a goal to reach for new channels, then you have a greater chance of reaching that 1000 subscriber goal as well.
great, thanks

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
2.5 years = two and a half year in my case.

I reached 4000 watch hours when I was at around 200 subscribes if I'm remembering things correctly.
Yeah I was similar. I hit 4,000 hours after about 8 months. The 1k came after a year... and also because of how well the channel was performing when I actually hit 1k I was monetized within about 24 hours. When you hit 1k and then dangle around the 4k mark they may let you sit under review to make sure you are going to maintain that viewership.

Ater

Very Well-Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
How will one know when he or she gets to 4000 watch hours?

You can check the watch hours in your analytics's. Just go to the YouTube Studio (channel dashboard) select analytics in the menu to the left. There right in front of you, you have Views, Watch Time and Subscribers. Change the time period from last 28 days to last 365 days.

Sandy bb

Subscriber Goal
You can check the watch hours in your analytics's. Just go to the YouTube Studio (channel dashboard) select analytics in the menu to the left. There right in front of you, you have Views, Watch Time and Subscribers. Change the time period from last 28 days to last 365 days.
Alright thank you very much

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Actually, it is much easier to simply click the Monetization link in Creator Studio. It tells you the number of subscriptions and number of public watch hours.