• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Youtube Question

RevCarla

TubeBuddy User
growingodacademy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi Everyone

So, I did a thing!!!
I posted a video,( my second one - yaaah ME!), which was just for my students- just an instrumental- and I got so many views.

I wondered if I should serve a bit of content surrounding that topic related to the instrumental (as it's trending now), or should I stick to my scheduled teaching plan.

Curious to hear your wisdom.
Appreciation in Advance.

Reactions: Damon

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
If the instrumental is what that serves your audience well to come out and watch then I guess it's of a point to continue with that idea, and possibly you can create another channel for your students if you want.

• Wow
Reactions: RevCarla
OP
OP
RevCarla

RevCarla

TubeBuddy User
growingodacademy.com
Subscriber Goal
WHATTTTTTT.!! Oh gosh, you mean do all the things over again ;-) and mange X 2 channel..(bawling my eyes out..hehheehhehe) ....Thanks Venture, appreciate your response.

OP
OP
RevCarla

RevCarla

TubeBuddy User
growingodacademy.com
Subscriber Goal
:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:.

The wisdom!! The Wusdom .. :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
Ugh Sensie ...
( in the words of Daniel to Mr. Miyagj)

Thanks Damon ..Appreciate you.
( You know I'll be back to " debate your wisdom"..)
When I can come up with a valid enough objection)
:joy::joy::heart::heart:

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
When I said, "Go ahead and do it." I meant stick with one channel, making content around the instrumental that you mentioned. It's okay to experiment with a single channel now since you'r just getting started. Honestly in a lot of modular synthesizer music channels, they'll perform them piece of music then follow with a patch breakdown. For now you should keep everything on one channel because one channel is hard enough to manage.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: RevCarla
OP
OP
RevCarla

RevCarla

TubeBuddy User
growingodacademy.com
Subscriber Goal
YAAAAASSSSSS!!! Thank you, thank you for the clarification!!. Got it!! .:heart::heart::heart:

Totally misunderstood what was being said!. ( must have been the bawling :sob::sob::sob::joy::joy::joy::heart::heart:)

Thanks again.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Run with it! A couple things to note with this:

1. You absolutely need to be enjoying what you do. YouTube can very easily become a real grind. Don't let the numbers, the naysayers, the trolls, the algorithm or even the gurus tell you that you don't get to enjoy making the videos that you want to make. In the future you may be in a position to where you need to make a certain type of content for the sake of your audience, but even then you still get to make a portion of your videos simply for the sake of making something that you enjoy making. Learn that now and never let it go.

2. Algorithmically (huh, spellcheck didn't shoot that down... I guess it really is a word) speaking you don't have enough content posted to be able to 'hurt' anything on your channel. You are in the blessed spot of invincibility!!! Go forth and film!!! You literally need to just go film, edit and publish as many videos as you can at this point so that YouTube can gather viewer data on you and your channel. That is how they determine what audiences to serve your videos to. Now be aware that if you are doing instrumentals and this is popular you can very quickly turn your channel into an instrumentals channel. Make what you enjoy but be prepared for lackluster views if you stray away from the content that is working.

3. Congratulations!!! Way to hit the ground running and keep up the great work!

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
After all the awesome ideas, suggestions and advice above I simply have one more thing to consider. If you're gonna have 2 different types of content (classes and music) then I would suggest creating a schedule around them. For example, upload the educational classes, say, on Monday or every other Monday if not weekly and then upload the musical videos on, say, Wednesday or every other Wednesday if not weekly. That way you get to create a schedule that allows your views to anticipate your next video and they know what date to watch what.