• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered I changed tags while a video was getting lots of views, did I screw up?

Scott C

I changed tags while a video was getting lots of views, did I screw up? I had just bought TubeBuddy and used some suggested tags. I had gotten about 3,000 views over a 4 hour period and when I changed the tags it flattened off in the same hour. I'm not sure if it was because I changed the tags or it just ran the cycle. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I would do a little research and try to get those tags back. They are the least impactful portion of SEO that YouTube looks at but it is better to play it safe. In the future I would not make adjustments to any well-performing videos.

Reactions: DebuJalanan

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I, personally, can't say for sure though odds are it might have had an impact. Did you change the tags back to the original set?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
The best advice I can give is if you can remember the tags, since you figured them out the first time before the changes, try to change them back as best as you can and see if that helps.