• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help TimeStamp / Chapter not working on some of my video

charlesj

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Good morning friends.

I have quite some problem with time stamp, some of my video showing time stamp but most of my videos not showing at all.

Would it be possible someone help me explaining about this time stamp how to do it right?

Can I share links to my videos in here?

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
You can not share links, but you can share screen shots of this so we can take a look.

Reactions: charlesj

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
According to YT, this is all you need to do to get timestamps to work:
Note: Not all videos are eligible for automatic chapters, and not all eligible videos will have automatic chapters. If the channel has any active strikes, or if the content may be inappropriate to some viewers, the video chapters feature won't be available.

In the Description, add a list of timestamps and titles.
  • Make sure that the first timestamp you list starts with 00:00.
  • Your video should have at least three timestamps listed in ascending order.
  • The minimum length for video chapters is 10 seconds.
Source: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/9884579?hl=en
I have never had a problem with mine, but there are a lot of discussions about it on the YT help forum. Unfortunately on the YouTube forum I have not yet seen anyone from YouTube actually comment on it...

This is from my last video, I put in my description, then the time stamps. Luckily it has always worked for me (so far)
. Capture.JPG

Reactions: charlesj

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Oh... Chapters. I thought we were talking about the actual timestamps on the video thumbnails. There's my big 'Duh' moment of the day.

OP
OP
charlesj

charlesj

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Oh... Chapters. I thought we were talking about the actual timestamps on the video thumbnails. There's my big 'Duh' moment of the day.

Screen Shot 2021-09-11 at 06.55.55.png

Here's a capture of one of my video, which timestamp/chapter not working on my video, I don't know what I did wrong?

Can anyone help?

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
That has been done correctly, I am not sure why it would not be working.

Reactions: Damon

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Here's a capture of one of my video, which timestamp/chapter not working on my video, I don't know what I did wrong?

Can anyone help?
That looks like it should work. The only thing I do differently is I do not use the extra zero for under 10 minute tags (00:00 / 0:00 and 01:57 / 1:57 etc) but it is supposed to work either way...