• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Adds on my channel?

Turan Mirza

www.feel-good.today
Subscriber Goal
Have the rules change re advert placement? I've noticed in the last few weeks then when I look at videos on my channel there are adverts. I've not enabled anything and I've currently sitting on just 3.6k in the last 365 days!

So as far as I'm concerned I do not qualify for ads and I've not signed up for or enabled anything to do with ads - but they are now showing. Also, there is no copyright issues i.e. nobody else has the right to run ads!!

Hopefully someone can explain.

FYI as an example I'm seeing ads on this video in my channel :

Attachments

• adds.jpg
    adds.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited by a moderator:

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
YouTube can place ads on any video they like. Since it's their platform, they have the right to do as they wish. The YouTube Partner Program simply splits the ad revenue with you. It is not a guarantee against them placing ads over your video. Understand this is their platform not ours.

Reactions: Turan Mirza

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
Yeah, YT can run ads on any video. They just do not share the money with you, until you get into the partner program.
I have a friend that did not want to monetize because he did not want ads on his vids. He thought his viewers would appreciate it more. But his viewers finally convinced him that since there were already ads - he may as well monetize to get his share. :cool:

OP
OP
Turan Mirza

Turan Mirza

www.feel-good.today
Subscriber Goal
YouTube can place ads on any video they like. Since it's their platform, they have the right to do as they wish. The YouTube Partner Program simply splits the ad revenue with you. It is not a guarantee against them placing ads over your video. Understand this is their platform not ours.
Thanks for that. I've had this channel since 2013 - that's 8 years now, and I've never seen ads on my channel. Hence I was wondering has something changed recently. Thanks for the answer.

OP
OP
Turan Mirza

Turan Mirza

www.feel-good.today
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, YT can run ads on any video. They just do not share the money with you, until you get into the partner program.
I have a friend that did not want to monetize because he did not want ads on his vids. He thought his viewers would appreciate it more. But his viewers finally convinced him that since there were already ads - he may as well monetize to get his share. :cool:
As said above in my first reply, I've had this channel since 2013 - that's 8 years now, and I've never seen ads on my channel. Hence I was wondering has something changed recently. Thanks for the answer.

c0nefn

yes this has happened to me once

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Please do not add personal video links to your posts on this section of the forums. Video links are only allowed in the Promotion section. Thank you.

Last edited:

charlesj

TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
same thing with me here also, I have 1 video that have ads event thought my subscriber only 73 people

CertifiedViralTikTok

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Exactly

Venture

TubeBuddy Pro
www.aavehypes.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I have experienced such on my channel with only 113 subs and 116 watch hours but sometimes ads pop up before videos loads.