• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Answered What about the weighted score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boond1982

Hello everybody, I hope you are all fine.
I have a question. The weighted score must be over 50 right?
Well, I can't find any keyword with a score above 50. Is this maybe because I don't have many videos on it?
I am in the affiliate marketing niche, tried tons of keywords, long, short etc lol. Do you have any suggestions if I should first creating content or whatever?

Thanks a lot.
Damien

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I am not exactly sure what you mean... the score doesn't have to be over 50. There is no set requirement for a keyword score that will dictate whether you will actually rank or not. I have ranked for keyword phrases that scored a 10:

1630584669488.png

The overall keyword score gives you a great overview of the value of your keyword. But it is important to understand the other elements as these can help you break in to the ranks for more competitive terms. The picture above is a good example of a keyword phrase I would at least consider targeting, despite a low overall score. There is decent volume, but heavy competition. Fortunately for me the ranking video with the least amount of views only has 30 views. I can beat that. That isn't to say this is a sure thing; I actually have targeted this phrase several times and I have yet to rank for it long term. But it is a term that currently has a ranked video that I know I can beat.

Reactions: boond1982

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Thanks a lot, Stanley. It is because I know a lot who are targeting keywords over 50, so I misunderstood something.
Don't get me wrong... the higher that score the better you will be overall. But it does help to understand the other metrics as well. There may be some opportunities hidden in some of these keywords.

Reactions: Samson
Status
Not open for further replies.